We believe in the power of hiring. Because the potential for people to do something outstanding has everything to do with being in the right role, on the right team, at the right time. That’s where Greenhouse comes in – from recruiting to on-boarding, we make software to help every company be great at hiring.
Greenhouse is looking for a Support Engineer to join our team!
In this role, you’ll collaborate with our Customer Support, Engineering, and Customer Success teams, troubleshooting a wide range of technical issues for our customers. Working alongside Greenhouse’s engineers, you’ll have the opportunity to dive deep into the technical aspects of the Greenhouse product suite and sharpen your technical skills.
Who will love this job
- An innovator – you think creatively to tackle technical problems and discover workarounds using all available resources
- A wordsmith – you have the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and with a friendly tone in order to transcend the starkness of chat and email to leave customers hear
- A project manager – you can multi-task and balance priorities without breaking a sweat
What you’ll do
- Resolve technical issues by working with our customers to answer questions, provide guidance, solve issues, and route product feedback
- Triage open customer issues, escalating when appropriate, to ensure timely follow-up and satisfactory resolution
- Maintain and update internal and customer-facing support documentation
- Support your teammates in a highly collaborative environment and contribute ideas to improve processes
- Collaborate with our Customer Success, Product, and Engineering teams to build a seamless experience and maintain our high bar for customer happiness
- Provide call-back phone resolution for customers as needed
You should have
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and an eye for detail
- Exposure to software development and computer science concepts and a strong desire for learning
- The ability to translate technical concepts for various non-technical audiences
- A general understanding of Harvest APIs
- The ability to manage competing priorities and effectively multi-task
- Outstanding customer service skills – ability to be empathetic, accurate, responsive, inventive, and conscientious
- Your unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications above, tell us in your cover letter why you’d be a great fit for this role
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Who we are
At Greenhouse, we celebrate having a diverse group of hardworking employees – and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. In 2019, we were ranked #4 in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in New York and #5 in their Best Company Culture. We’ve also been recognized as a Best Company for Diversity by Comparably, and have been named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee’s journey. From day one of our interview process to executive “Ask Me Anything” sessions, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
For all our employees, we offer a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible vacation, disability coverage, employer paid life insurance, mental health resources, financial wellness benefits, and a fully paid parental leave program. For US-based employees, we offer commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan, and for Dublin-based employees we offer a pension plan.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every Greenie is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Greenhouse, where we’re building a team to face the world’s increasingly complex and diverse hiring needs.