We’re building the world’s most ubiquitous programming environment. We focus on inspiring creativity and generating value for creators through community, and we design simple yet scalable infrastructure primitives for the next generation of creators. We want to blur the line between learning and making– a place where you can hang out, tinker with ideas, learn new concepts, and launch a business all in the same day.
About the role:
As a Replit Support Engineer, you will help solve problems for millions of coders around the world by resolving configuration problems, fixing UI bugs, building internal systems for managing and triaging user issues, and revamping our docs with new and improved content.
In this multidisciplinary role, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with engineers, product managers, and designers. Inside Replit, you will serve as the voice of the customer and help shape the future of software creation.
At Replit, we treat support engineering as a training ground for early-career engineers with a progression path to join our other engineering teams. If you’re interested, you will have the opportunity to receive mentorship from our talented engineers.
Examples of what you could do:
- Implement an analytics dashboard for support metrics
- Create a code editor integration so users can insert snippets of code from our Docs
- Rearchitect our blog from scratch
- Build user-facing features and fix bugs alongside designers and engineers
- Build and maintain internal tools
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues for our users, often involving servers and web application issues
- Reproduce bugs, create reports, and triage them
- Create and edit product and technical documentation
- Build out an internal support knowledge base with written and video guides
- Suggest and implement support workflow improvements
- Participate in regular rotations for weekly on-call coverage for incident communication
- Research and learn the current and future best practices of using Replit
- Test new features and provide early feedback
Required skills and experience:
- You are an excellent writer
- You can read and write code in several programming languages
- You have experience in support or other customer-facing roles
- You have a good understanding of web technologies
- You love learning new technologies
- You take great joy in providing delight to users in every interaction
- You enjoy solving small problems every day
- You have experience with the Nix ecosystem
- You have Linux systems administration knowledge
- You are an active Replit user
- You have worked at an early-stage startup
Full-Time Employee Benefits Include:
🌎 Remote-First and Autonomous Working Environment
🧑💻 Flexible Work Hours
💰 Competitive Salary & Equity
🖥 Home Office Set-Up Stipend
⚕️ Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Short Term and Long Term Disability
🧘♂️ Monthly Wellness Stipend
🍴 Monthly Lunch/Grocery Stipend
🚼 Parental and Baby Bonding Leave
🏝 Flexible PTO (2 Weeks Minimum Required) + Holidays
📈 401k Matching
Curious about us?
- Interviewing + Culture
To achieve our mission of making programming more accessible around the world, we need our team to be representative of the world. We welcome your unique perspective and experiences in shaping this product. We encourage people from all kinds of backgrounds to apply, including and especially candidates from underrepresented and non-traditional backgrounds.