In a nutshell
As a Sysadmin, you’ll be responsible for our IT-related productivity from day one. You’ll have a crucial role in making sure our colleagues at the office, in our fulfillment centers, and at the hubs, can get their important work done! By ensuring that our systems are up and running and fully secure, you’ll help ensure our customers across the Netherlands, Germany, and France, get their groceries on time.
We run advanced Warehouse Management Systems and a fleet of electric vans that operate with tight deadlines: daily deliveries go out each day, come rain or shine, with lots of engagement and quick thinking.
Your hands-on support goes beyond the classic line, have you tried turning it off and on again? and your people skills are as strong as your tech know-how. In exchange for your invaluable support, you’ll gain in-depth experience within an ambitious and innovative tech company. With plenty of room to grow, you’ll get to know the best practices in asset and account management, security, and much more. We don’t hide what we do. Instead, we open-source with the community that helped us grow. Here’s proof: http://picnic.tech
- Bachelor’s degree in Security and Network Engineering, IT Management, Computer Networks, or a related field
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Advanced knowledge of Windows and Mac OS and some knowledge of Android and iOS
- Some experience with OS Deployment Systems (e.g., WDS, Jamf, Workspace One, Soti)
- Basic knowledge of Identity and Access Management systems like Google Workspace, or Keycloak
- You’re familiar with network protocols and equipment, as well as security best practices
- You’re approachable and enjoy connecting with people and problem-solving
- You’re detail-oriented and flexible in your skillset
- A fast learner, you are able to work independently, are structured and self-motivated, and ask for help if needed
- You’re fluent in English (no Dutch required)
- Nice-to-have: some experience with scripting (e.g., Powershell, Bash, Python, etc.)
Every expert was once a beginner!
You’ll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including the Picnic Tech Academy, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
You’ll work in an awesome scale-up environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact. Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you’ll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
You’ll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches, as well as snacks and drinks—enjoy!
Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials. There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self.
Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model. Our teams generally like to have at least one team day per week at the office (the tasty lunch may be a factor), but besides that, it’s up to you and your team.
Benefits for expats
It can be daunting starting a new job AND moving to a new country. That’s why we offer lots of support for our many expat colleagues, including:
- Relocation package: If you join Picnic from abroad, we’ll cover your trip to Amsterdam, sponsor your Visa, and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in (as long as regulations allow)
- From health insurance to living arrangements to pet passports, there are always colleagues who’ve faced the same challenges and are more than happy to help!
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.