Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people-data in containers called merits (Watch this video to learn more: What is Merit?), and grant them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Florida Division of Emergency Management
The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50 Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
Ohio Department of Education – Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) Program
After the Ohio State Legislature created the $125M 2-year Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) educational savings account program, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) contracted Merit to inform parents, guardians, and businesses about the new opportunity and eligibility requirements. Merit developed and delivered support systems, workflows, and digital assets for the ACE program. ODE issued digital credentials to parents and guardians certifying student eligibility, enabling them to use the grants with service providers listed in the Education Marketplace, and the Ohio ACE app is a single destination to view account balances and submit claims.
Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR)
DPOR partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a look at our pay bands based on different roles.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture, products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth, and merits represent truth.
A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Merit is building a talent acquisition team and searching for an enthusiastic, thoughtful and driven recruiter to a key role in hiring top talent. We are experiencing rapid growth and this recruiting expert will ensure that the full-cycle recruiting process is skillfully managed and that all applicants and candidates have a positive and memorable experience. This could be a contract or a direct hire role.
- Proactively source, screen, interview, and recommend candidates for open roles and effectively share talent across the organization
- Sourcing: Identify and work with passive candidates who could meet both current and future growth needs
- Conduct ongoing conversations with internal hiring partners to identify sourcing leads
- Research and find new sourcing channels to create innovative sourcing strategies
- Leverage social media, multiple network sources, online tools, industry relationships, and community partnership to identify avenues for top talent
- Identify, plan, manage and attend internal and external networking events that will connect you directly with needed talent
- Work with hiring managers to provide information on the recruitment marketplace and continually work to gain a better understanding of the available talent pool and set realistic expectations
- Lead post-interview feedback sessions with interview teams and candidates
- Measure and improve response and conversion rate metrics for the talent pipeline
- Promote Merit’s employer brand both online and offline
- Network through social media, industry partners, events/meetups, and employee referrals
- 1+ years of recruiting or 2+ years of sourcing experience, having worked in a fast-paced, startup environment preferred
- Proven success filling engineering and product positions
- Experience using recruiting metrics to identify problems, provide insights and drive decisions
- Experience working in a performance-driven environment
- Customer service mindset, with an outgoing, warm and approachable personality
- Applicant Tracking System (ATS) experience, Lever exposure a plus
- A wizard in all things Google Suite and Asana our web/mobile work management platform
- Good understanding of software terminologies
- Able to identify the different types of software engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, related field or equivalent years of experience
- Enjoy being part of a team and making difference
- Hustle, tenacity, and determination
- Impeccable listening/verbal/written communication skills and capacity to communicate with all levels of leadership
- Strong business acumen; curiosity, interest in our business, ability to solve problems and pick-up new concepts quickly
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Agility and ability to adapt to change
- Problem solving mindset
- Solid understanding it takes a team to reach goals
- Creative mind and ability to think outside the box in order to get to the best solutions
- Propensity to lead as an individual contributor and with the greater team and partners
- Self-drive and initiate, with the ability to figure things out on your own, sometimes on the fly when required
At Merit, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate, support and value it for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We will do our best to accommodate any disabilities or special needs you may have.