TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses. Our mission is to make e-commerce easier for everyone.
We stand by our core values in everything we do:
- We know that we’re better together
- We are always learning and growing
- We shape our own destiny
- We build relationships that matter
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 180+ people is growing fast. Our team has 2 immediate openings for entrepreneurial, creative and analytical Talent Acquisition Specialists (we call them Candidate Experience Specialists) who can come onboard and be an integral part of finding the best talent out there!
Candidate Experience is embedded within the People Experience Team, purposefully. The right people for these roles will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, loves solving people problems and can thrive in a rapidly paced, collaborative culture. This role is all about bringing on the smartest folks, maintaining our shared values as we grow and putting process in place to keep it moving.
You will run the entire candidate lifecycle, including working with management to define required skill sets, interviewing candidates, and closing offers at both the MA and FTE stages for external & internal searches. You will also manage the TaxJar brand from a recruiting standpoint, by telling the story of the TaxJar opportunity and culture. This role requires that you be highly proactive in sourcing and recruiting the best in partnership with TaxJar’s leadership across all management levels.
Please note that we are not able to sponsor any type of international visa at this time.
A day in the life
- Partner with hiring managers as well as others on the Candidate Experience Team to determine needs and conduct recruiting strategy meetings to understand candidate profile
- Perform Full Cycle recruiting for a variety of openings; reviewing resumes, interviewing candidates, scheduling interviews and partnering with hiring team through the selection and offer process
- Proactively source and identify talent using traditional and non-traditional resources to identify and attract quality candidates
- Assist in developing and updating job descriptions and job postings
- Be an ambassador for candidates and create a great experience through every interaction
You’ll be a great add to the team if you have….
- 4 years or more of recruiting experience with at least 2 years in-house
- Direct sourcing experience with a demonstrated ability to build a pipeline of qualified candidates for a variety of positions at different levels of the organization
- You absolutely love networking and developing recruiting campaigns to expand our employer brand & technical presence
- Strong interpersonal skills and extensive experience conducting interviews
- Experience coaching and providing feedback to interviewers and hiring managers
- Great selling and negotiation skills
- Experience using Application Tracking Systems, Greenhouse a strong plus
- A passion for technology, startups, and TaxJar
It will be a bonus if you bring…
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Experience working for a SaaS or technology company
- Knowledge of technical jargon and skill sets, as well as an understanding of how software is built and maintained
You’ll love TaxJar if you….
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Are hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more
Want to know more about the makeup of our team?
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people – our team and our customers – first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it’s harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
Read our 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
Once you apply, we highly encourage you to check your spam and promotion folders for application updates.