We are looking for an exceptional Tax Director to join our highly valued finance team! As the Tax Director, you will build a tax team in support of the domestic tax management of the company. In this role, you will further partner closely with various stakeholders to streamline and improve processes in order to support the Company’s rapid growth. The Tax Director is responsible for tax compliance, Tax modeling in support of S corp as well as LLC tax planning for shareholders investors and tax accounting for income taxes and reports to the Sr Vice President, Finance. The ideal candidate will have the ability to be a big-picture, strategic thinker with the willingness to roll-up their sleeves and execute. They will work with business partners, service providers and other tax professionals to carry out their responsibilities. It is essential that the successful candidate has strong communication and leadership skills, a well-rounded tax background, hands-on accounting experience and a desire to problem solve in a non-routine dynamic environment.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee all global direct and indirect taxes, including income, sales and use, gross receipts, franchise taxes.
- Actively monitor US, state, and international tax legislative and judicial actions, analyze potential impacts/benefits, and implement mitigation or action plans for the Company.
- Has previous experience with Avalara for Sales tax filings inclusive and state sales tax audits
- File in 34 states
- Manage 3rd party tax advisors and assist in the review and data preparation of federal and state income tax returns for multiple legal entities. (s corp and LLC-partnership)
- Manage 3rd party tax advisors and assist in the review of foreign income tax and VAT returns for Australia, India and Singapore.
- File for 2 legal entities for 43 states each.
- 2021 has new Series A investor with a conversion to LLC
- Able to work with IT on rollout of products and the appropriate tax systems/processes to
- Ensure compliance at sales and income tax levels.
- Will manage the tax projection process between book and tax accompanying the monthly, quarterly and yearly operating plan process in assessing free cash flow, and tax driven distributions
- Participate in audit handling related financial statement disclosures, consolidated federal, state, and local income tax returns as prepared by outside advisors
- Manage all indirect taxes, including accounting, reconciliations, and related reporting
- Draft memoranda documenting tax issues and positions
- Be a strategic business partner, advising and supporting domestic and international business teams in tax related issues, policies, and procedures
- Develop, implement, and maintain global indirect tax policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Assist with implementation of tax planning opportunities, drive process efficiencies, quality improvements, and risk minimization strategies related to foreign operations
- Assist with resolution of tax issues related to audits and mergers and acquisitions
- Provide guidance on proposed and enacted tax legislation, keeping abreast of tax law changes in the US and foreign jurisdictions to manage risk and identify potential planning opportunities
- Collaborate with FP&A to design and implement tax efficient cash utilization across the global organization
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Master’s in Taxation / active CPA
- 12+ years of combined experience in Big 4 and/or a US multinational company
- Deep technical experience in domestic tax with some exposure to International VAT/GST taxes Software/technology industry experience required
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills • NetSuite and Avalara experience preferred
- Strong project management, written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Ability to think strategically and act operationally; ability to manage ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects and strategies
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to problem solve and work independently with a minimum level of supervision
You have read our human-centered organization framework and are in sync with it 100%.
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 111,965+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 100 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 1,035,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.