Our growing accounting team is looking for a tax professional to lead and work with tax advisors on the accurate preparation and filing of Pathwire’s state and federal tax forms as well as ensure sales tax and international tax compliance. The ideal candidate is a phenomenal teammate who can also work autonomously, creates and implements tax plans and works with the accounting and leadership teams to find opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk as well ensure compliance of Pathwire’s financial reporting of the tax provision and footnotes under US GAAP. The Tax Manager will monitor current and impending changes to tax regulation and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies. The ideal candidate is single minded in their pursuit of ensuring compliance and achieves this goal through optimizing reporting procedures that will scale as the Company grows.
- Facilitate and handle outside tax advisors in the preparation and review company income tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms.
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of consolidated federal, state and local income tax returns and other business related filings.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Handle outside tax advisors as they prepare components of the company’s US federal income tax return and other tax documents.
- Plan for and develop overall return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with tax team.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Handle and facilitate IRS income tax audits: preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the tax team and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Provide support for financial statement audits and special tax related projects.
- Review tax returns and quarterly/yearly tax projections.
- Prepare tax provision and tax footnotes for external financial reporting.
- Extensive individual/corporate/partnership tax knowledge
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for corporations.
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state and local reporting requirements.
- Strong experience with a variety of tax operations and ability to drive process improvements.
- Strong ability to utilize project management and accounting best practices to organize and prioritize tasks and the tasks of other tax team members.
- Ability to work well independently as well as with stakeholders and communicate the benefits of tax initiatives.
- Strong organizational and social skills.
- 5+ years of experience in a tax manager or supervisory role.
- Diploma/BSc/ BA in accounting, finance or relevant field
- Certified Public Accountant, 4+years at a “Big 4” accounting firm
- General experience in international tax and transfer pricing
- SaaS company experience
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Pathwire offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Pathwire provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Pathwire offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles
Pathwire embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.