Location: Anywhere in the US. Our engineering team is fully distributed.
Salary range: $215,000-$260,000 to be determined by level.
Data-driven companies win. Mode provides the tools to make companies data-driven. Data analysts quickly answer business questions using data in a comprehensive, cloud-based toolchain. Business users can understand and explore their company’s data in our world-class visualization product. By serving both analysts and business users, Mode provides the complete solution for data-driven companies.
We are building a new Notebooks team to develop the IDE that allows data analysts to write R or Python code to analyze datasets. In this role you will define the technical direction of our next generation Notebooks product.
Mode’s engineering team
Come work with a diverse and deeply experienced team. We have colleagues from companies like Google, Tableau, SAS, Apple, Facebook, Glassdoor and many more. Read about our key engineering values.
Engineers at Mode work in small, cross-functional teams that own specific products and act with high autonomy. We value open discussion, collaboration and engineering excellence.
What you’ll do
- Lead the technical development of our Notebooks product
- Work closely with Mode’s Product Management, Product Design and Architecture teams to define and implement a technical strategy that supports a world-class Notebooks product
- Work with Engineering Management to ensure the team develops high-quality code
- Work with Product Management to develop the vision, strategy and roadmap for Notebooks
What we look for
- Experience developing a Notebook product or IDE
- High degree of empathy and concern for team and individual outcomes
- Experience engaging with open source communities is preferred, though not required
- Alignment with Mode’s values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we’re building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team’s passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US. We welcome applicants from all 50 states. Employees based in the San Francisco area also have the option to work out of our office as desired.