We are a 10-year-old, 500+ person, digital health company. Our HQ is located in the SOMA neighborhood of San Francisco, but we have a significant domestic remote employee population.
You will report to the Director of Technical Accounting and oversee various technical accounting needs. You should have a technical accounting and financial reporting background and be comfortable navigating through complex matters to support transactions as our business grows. This role’s responsibilities include the research and communication of technical accounting issues and navigation of new business initiatives, and their corresponding accounting implications. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a great communicator and enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents, in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Perform technical research on accounting issues and complex transactions
- Lead the implementation of new U.S. GAAP accounting standards, including working with various cross-functional stakeholders
- Key decision maker on continuous development and maintenance of accounting policies
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations including investments, income taxes and other technical areas
- Facilitate management of the audit and PBC request process
- Assist in drafting financial statement schedules and disclosures
- Manage the preparation of monthly financial reporting for management and U.S. GAAP presentation, including tie-outs to underlying detail
- Partner closely with FP&A and Financial Reporting teams around monthly variance analysis, management reporting, and GAAP reporting
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of process improvements, as appropriate, to standardize and streamline processes
What we’re looking for:
- 4-5 years of audit / public accounting experience
- Strong technical background and understanding of complex accounting transactions.
- Exceptional communication skills, including technical report writing and the ability to effectively present information to various levels of an organization
- Experience in the technology industry
- Problem-solver and analytical thinker
- Ability to adapt to change and learn quickly, work independently and cross-functionally, and project manage and prioritize work to achieve objectives and timelines
- Stock, pre-IPO stock incentives
- Generous time-off policy
- Full medical, vision, dental benefits
- 401K, with match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life & disability coverage
- Public transit/parking subsidy
- Generous equipment budget (to support COVID work from home setup)
- Fun activities with Finance and cross-functional teams (virtual during COVID)
- Work from home Wednesdays
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Breakfast and lunch daily
- Rooftop game room and deck with a beautiful view of SF skyline
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.