Riverbed. Empower the Experience
Riverbed transforms data into actionable insights and accelerates performance so organizations can deliver a seamless digital experience and drive enterprise performance. Riverbed is the only company with the collective richness of telemetry from network to app to end user, that illuminates and then accelerates every digital interaction. Riverbed offers two industry-leading portfolios: Alluvio by Riverbed, a differentiated Unified Observability portfolio that unifies data, insights, and actions across IT, so customers can deliver seamless, secure digital experiences; and Riverbed Acceleration, providing fast, agile, secure acceleration of any app, over any network, to users anywhere.
Together with our thousands of partners, and market-leading customers globally – including 95% of the FORTUNE 100 –, we empower every click, every digital experience.
About this Position
Title: Technical Channel Manager (Pre-Sales)
Location: Remote/Home Office – Great Lakes or TOLA Region
Owner of the technical relationships with Channels, Strategic Alliances, and Distribution Partners. Aligned with the Channel Sales Manager, the Technical Channel Manager represents and speaks to a pre-sales audience on Riverbed | Aternity solutions. The Technical Channel Manager collaborates effectively with cross-functional Riverbed | Aternity team members in a technical and business capacity. Success is measured by the Technical Channel Manager’s ability to build and drive growth in revenue with Partner/Riverbed go-to-market solutions.
- Technical liaison for Riverbed | Aternity with Partners in region.
- Provide pre- and post-sales technical consulting to prospective and existing Partners.
- Understand and document Partner business & technical requirements and use them to create value-based proposals, addressing business drivers & pain points – guiding the technical sales cycle towards a technical close & a business win.
- Build and increase Riverbed | Aternity’s relevance with Partners by qualifying customers’ needs, desired outcomes & benefits and positioning the breadth of the Riverbed | Aternity’s Solution portfolio in context to it.
- Ownership of enabling and training partner engineers on Riverbed | Aternity solutions.
- Aiding and implementing with Partner Labs and POCs.
- Participating in Partner’s conference calls, meetings, and customer visits.
- Handling critical conversations and escalations.
- Create and organize Partner technical designs, architecture sessions, and presentations.
- Participate in meetings with regional Riverbed | Aternity technical teams; weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly planning for technical channel strategy.
- Internal communication on important partner program changes
- Assess, guide, and manage Partner technical teams and help build/foster technical relationships in collaboration with the Channel Sales Manager.
- 7+ years’ experience in a pre-sales role within the local territory.
- Partner, Channel, VAR, Integrator experience preferred.
- Comfortable with speaking at all levels of a partner and customer organization.
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills.
- Experience implementing and utilizing Visibility, Observability, Monitoring solutions.
- Knowledge in deploying Cloud solutions (AWS/Azure/GCP) and Virtualization
- L2-L3 Networking background with in-depth TCP/IP knowledge, network design experience. Hands on troubleshooting, configuration, and implementation experience.
- Working with and positioning SD-WAN and WAN Optimization solutions.
- Applications experience desired – Microsoft, CIFS, MAPI, NFS, etc.
- BS/BA in relevant field (CS, EE, MIS)
- CCIE or relevant certifications is a plus.
- Willing to travel with flexible hours.
Why Join Riverbed
Riverbed offers a rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry, delivering exceptional network performance and visibility for any application. We are proud of our great culture that continuously fosters innovation, collaboration, and diverse work environments. We remain committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the most diverse group of talent to better serve our customers.
Riverbed is an equal employment opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy or child birth (including breast feeding), sexual orientation, genetics, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other basis protected by and in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
As a government contractor, Riverbed is required to ensure that all of its U.S. employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 unless a legal exemption applies. As a result, all Riverbed job offers are expressly conditioned on an individual being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or prior to their start date and providing proof of such vaccination unless the individual is legally exempt.
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table.
US-IL-Home Office US-OK-Home Office US-MI-Home Office US-WI-Home Office