Flywheel Product Group is a team of engineers, designers, product managers, analysts and researchers building tools for the “Flywheel” (Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Support teams) at HubSpot.
We’re passionate about solving complex business problems, optimizing the workflows and tooling for our internal reps, and delivering a remarkable experience for our end customers. We work closely with other internal teams to ensure our operational systems can meet the demands of a business that is scaling rapidly.
We build on the same stack as the core Product teams. On the backend, we use a variety of open source technologies such as MySQL, Vitess, Hadoop, HBase, Kafka, Spark, Memcached, and Elasticsearch running on AWS and Kubernetes. On the front-end, we are building modern, performant web apps using React/Redux.
We’re looking for experienced engineering leaders who are excited by solving complex, detail-oriented business problems and who are passionate about improving the usability, reliability and uptime of the products they own. We favor forward thinking engineering leaders who can identify and remediate infrastructure problems before they happen, and build systems with configurability, extensibility and future scale in mind.
As we measure ourselves based on “usability score”, we need leaders who can help us build intuitive tools that help our teams focus on helping customers, not digging around for information.
As an engineering leader at HubSpot, you’ll do many things — many of which you likely already have experience executing. For this position, we are looking for:
- Strong player/coach who can help us deliver great products, grow autonomous Engineers, and build effective teams
- Passion for solving complex business problems with a balance of technology and people
- Ability to articulate a long-term technical vision/mission and define the path for how we get there
- Ability to solve complicated technical problems and analyze tradeoffs between Engineering teams and the business users
- Ability to demonstrate calm, rational, pragmatic decision making and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with building reliable systems that can scale 10x
- Experience building configurable, extensible systems that can grow with the changing needs of the business.
- Experience with business process automation tools and/or highly customized CRM implementations
At HubSpot, engineering leaders play to their strengths, but are aligned with HubSpot’s mission and show the leadership qualities that we’ve found to be most effective:
- They build trust, respect, and empathy, and use that as a base to deliver radical candor.
- They foster an inclusive team and sense of mission.
- They have strong working relationships across the organization, from the tech leads and the individual contributors who report to them, to the product managers and designers their reports work with, to their peers & the executive team.
- They understand our customer and business needs.
- They understand how we build and why.
- They represent our mission, culture, and commitment to DI&B to candidates.
- They get team members and candidates excited to take on new challenges.
If you’re an engineering leader of any level or experience, and if this resonates with you, let’s talk.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
Per HubSpot’s policy all employees who wish to work @office or @flex or to visit an office in-person must be fully-vaccinated. At this time, @remote employees are not required to be vaccinated.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot’s Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.