We are looking for a Tech Lead to join our Infrastructure team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will work with a group of highly skilled team members on a cutting-edge tech stack to build the systems that power all of BenchSci. In this role, you will provide leadership across several areas within the team, lead complex projects, and play a key role in roadmap and project planning.
If you are the sort of engineer with a deep interest in working with cloud architecture and making the lives of your fellow engineers easier, you’re exactly who we’re looking for in this role!
BenchSci is a remote first organization. At this moment, we are welcoming applicants from Canada and the US for this position.
- Iterate on existing and design new infrastructure solutions in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Python, leveraging them to create reliable, secure, performant, scalable, and high throughput services for our customers
- Automate BenchSci’s cloud architecture with Terraform to scale to meet user needs and recover from disaster events
- Identify and resolve security and audit issues in Google Cloud Platform (GCP); develop best practices for security, scalability, and operational efficiency
- Collaborate closely with other engineering teams to solve systemic problems relating to Continuous Integration and development velocity
- Be involved with all aspects of software development, working to create and maintain the most reliable, secure, and high throughput CI/CD pipeline for our customers by leveraging cutting-edge cloud technology
- Take ownership for the technical quality of the code across multiple areas, and provide feedback and code reviews to align the team with development processes
- Influence technical direction on new and existing projects, choosing the best tools, system design, and approaches for the job at hand
- 10+ years working as a professional developer in a DevOps or Infrastructure-focused team
- Experience administering configuration management with Terraform or other tools on public cloud providers
- Experience with cloud reference architectures and developing specialized stacks on Kubernetes on public cloud providers
- Experience planning, leading, and executing large infrastructure migrations
- Experience managing repetitive user requests through automation
- Experience in any programming language; Python is considered a strong asset
- Background in computer science fundamentals including algorithms, data structures, software design, and ability to audit third-party code
- Experience troubleshooting production issues and being part of PagerDuty schedules
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture
A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
15 days vacation plus an additional day every year; plus company closures for 15 more days throughout the year
Unlimited flex time for sick days, personal days, religious holidays
Comprehensive health and dental benefits Emphasis on mental health with $2500 CAD* for Psychologist, Social Worker, or Psychotherapist services
A $2000 CAD* Annual Learning & Development budget
A $1000 CAD* home office set-up budget
A $2500 CAD*wellness, lifestyle and productivity spending account for employees
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
*Benefits are tied to Canadian dollar amounts and would be converted to local currency for those in other countries. Moving to local currency allotments in the future.
BenchSci’s vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world’s most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We’re a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they’re the organization’s beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other’s differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives.
Accessibility Accommodations: Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.