Technical Program Management Director
As the Technical Program Management Director at Weedmaps, you will take on a wide range of responsibilities to support the Sr. Director to help grow and lead the Technical Program Management Office (TPMO) and the technology organization as a whole. You’ll help manage the tech organization through three primary functions: Leadership support, support technical vision & priorities, and ensuring the quality and timely delivery of company deliverables.
You will be responsible for supporting and improving the Sr Director’s effectiveness through planning, prioritization, and coordination of efforts to help deliver a PMO framework for the company. You will also serve as a critical partner in defining and managing the cadence of business as well as coordinating and connecting teams and work streams to ensure the business is moving quickly and in the right direction. You will serve as one of the main leaders within the TPMO, working with the Tech Program Managers (TPMs) and a vast array of stakeholders on both the strategic vision and project execution.
The impact you’ll make:
- Be a trusted advisor to the Sr Director and partner with broader Engineering, Product team, and Senior Tech Leadership
- Share unbiased insights and develop recommendations
- Help navigate confidential or complex topics across the organization
- Attend meetings on behalf of Sr Director and act as representative when required
Vision & Priorities
- Help create and maintain the infrastructure for efficient and effective PMO
- Drive various cross-functional projects to completion
- Help Sr Director prioritize and track critical topics
- Keep a pulse on organizational health to inform decisions and ensure continuous improvement and scalability
- Lead, direct and be accountable for the overall performance of the TPMO team and ensure successful deliveries
- Help develop and manage comprehensive project portfolio, budgets, resource allocations, and costs with overall accountability for technical resources and spend
- Provide weekly Technical PMO Reports, Scorecards, and Dashboards to the Sr Director
- Partner with Business Operations leadership to support Technology-specific company planning and operations to ensure alignment
- Investigate and help resolve cross-functional issues that impact the deliverables
- Make decisions that do not require senior leadership’s attention around team planning and process
- Be a general resource and point of contact for the Technology teams and the broader organization
What you’ve accomplished:
- 8+ years experience in technology operations consulting / strategy / stakeholder and project management or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in Program Management and/or Business Operations
- Experience in leading organizations within eCommerce, B2B, SaaS, and emerging technologies
- Intimately familiar with delivering software in a CI/CD pipeline.
- Organized, detail-oriented, strategic, and process driven
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to communicate, present, influence, and explain across multiple cross-functional stakeholders and management levels
- Ability to define metrics for success and track KPIs towards those metrics
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Entrepreneurial: you’re a self-starter who loves to own things from start to completion. You make things happen and don’t need to ask for permission first.
- Complete integrity, presence, and confidence. Ability to influence at all levels in the organization. Flexibility in a dynamic, ever changing environment. Competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions.
- Degree, Project Management Certifications and Coaching experience strongly preferred
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided while working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door during work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Denver, and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!