At Vercel, we believe that liberating the frontend unlocks creativity and open-source is the best way forward.
We are building a next-generation internet where developers can create freely and execute new ideas, guaranteeing a more vibrant, personalized internet. Vercel’s platform provides the speed and reliability to create at the moment of inspiration. In other words, our friction-less, real-time deployment makes it possible to start working on projects immediately — anywhere in the world.
Our globally-distributed team works asynchronously to lead the React ecosystem and serve developers at large companies. We pride ourselves on our diversity, shared urgency to iterate, team-oriented decision making, and drive to dig deep.
About the role:
Vercel is looking for a Technical Program Manager to join our engineering team!
The Technical Program Management team is about leading complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects from start to finish. This growing team is needed to allow Vercel to succeed in the years to come. If you are a patient, compassionate leader who loves delivering products that enable developers to do their best work, then we would like to hear from you!
What You Will Do:
- Drive complex technical projects through all product development stages
- Manage cross-functional stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, lead project schedules and dependencies
- Prioritize deliverables and milestones across all components of a project to align with company goals
- Integrate in developer community and feel comfortable discussing issues, designs, technical tradeoffs and solutions
- Empower Engineering and Product to innovate, and deliver
- Instill best practices for software processes and documentation
- Communicate clearly and frequently, technically and non-technically to a variety of audiences
- Work seamlessly with a global, distributed team spread across many time zones
- 5 years of experience in program management, designing and implementing processes
- Extensive experience driving the life spam of technical projects or technical products
- Strong ability to plan, prioritize, and carry out complex projects with high attention to detail
- Strong familiarity with modern web development practices
- Experience with incident management processes
- Strong technical background. Familiarity with Networking Ingress/Egress, TCP/IP, HTTP, TypeScript, AWS, Node.js, Terraform, Go, Rust, Kubernetes.
- Excellent communication skills, especially when working with a distributed team
- You are located in the United States
- Competitive compensation and stock options.
- Inclusive Healthcare Package.
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe.
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills.
- Unlimited vacation policy – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you with the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.