1 big thing: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy content in an audience-first format. This year, we celebrated a major milestone, launching a SaaS product for corporate communications called Axios HQ. In our first year we’ve already passed $1M in ARR and welcomed over 150 customers to the platform. We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to manage our information security practices and assist our commercial team in third-party assessments. This role will play a key role for HQ by leading the upgrade of our security and compliance practices.
Why it matters: Axios HQ is a trusted product for companies of all sizes to manage important internal and external communications. Information security is a top priority for our teams and table takes for provision of our service. As Technical Project Manager, you will ensure our teams follow leading best practices for information security and represent our commitments to customers.
The details: This is a great role for strong candidates with an eagerness to get into the technical field. Ideal applicants will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission, and have the following skills:
- Strong communication skills and eagerness to collaborate cross-functionally
- Experience working with industry standards such as SOC 2 and ISO/IEC 27001
- Strong track record of effectively managing information security and compliance projects for B2B software teams
- Familiarity with cloud services, especially Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with third-party monitoring/alerting tools such as AlertLogic
- Experience leading information security workshops and employee training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in client facing messaging
- Information security and compliance expertise is a plus
- Startup experience a plus
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Weekly company-sponsored exercise and meditation classes
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.