Almanac is building an operating system for distributed collaboration to help remote teams get work done without needless meetings and distracting messages.
Almanac’s editor integrates git-like version control, task-based workflows, and lightning-fast collaboration to enable professionals to work like the world’s fastest developers.
Almanac is used by the world’s leading remote-first companies like Remote, Levels, and Tandem, and is growing rapidly in verticals from professional services and law firms to academia and the Fortune 5000. Our open source docs community, the Almanac Core, has 5000 templates from 1000+ contributors used by 100K users per month.
We’re looking for a talented tech recruiter to help us find and attract incredible people (who embody our virtues) as we scale Almanac to Series B and beyond 🚀.
About the role
We’re looking for an ambitious, creative, and tenacious technical recruiter to help us grow and scale our engineering, design, and product teams.
You’ll have the opportunity to recruit the faces that make up an iconic company, with full ownership of our recruiting lifecycle. You’ll drive technical hiring strategy, partner with hiring managers to lead searches all while ensuring a best-in-class candidate experience.
Specifically, you will:
- Partner with our lead recruiter to fill technical roles against our talent plan
- Act as a talent advisor to Almanac’s leaders, consulting on best practices for achieving headcount goals in the current market climate
- Collaborate closely with hiring managers (Heads of Product and Engineering, Engineering Managers and Design Leads) to determine the ideal candidate profile and set up effective interview processes to evaluate talent
- Source and convert passive candidates through creative, personalized strategies
- Recommend and drive improvements to enhance and scale our pipeline strategy
- Shepherd candidates through a high touch personalized interview process from introductory call to successful close and onboarding
- Spearhead DE&I efforts to ensure our team is filled with diverse people of every stripe
Experiences that make you stand out
- 3+ years experience in a full-cycle recruiting role with success placing software engineers and other technical talent
- Tenure at a high-growth startup or top-tier agency/staffing firm
- Time spent using creative sourcing strategies, including running boolean searches, with the ability to leverage the internet to find diamonds in the rough
- Success creating a technical recruiting pipeline, infrastructure and iterating on both using insights from data
- Familiarity with fast-paced work environments where priorities change according to the needs of the business
- Bonus points if you have familiarity with Greenhouse!
Skills that make you extraordinary
- A superpower to look beyond a candidate’s resume and detect excellence where others may miss it
- Drive, hunger and an intrinsic motivation to build a world class team
- A salespersons’ ability to communicate our company’s vision, on calls and in writing
- Deep care for the candidate experience—every email, every step—regardless of whether we end up making an offer
- A commitment to racial, gender, and socioeconomic diversity in every search you run
- A love for building new relationships with verve, humor, empathy, and kindness
Working at Almanac
At Almanac, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Almanac, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Join us.
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- Helping a small company grow 30%+ month-over-month
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery
Interviewing at Almanac
It’s our goal to provide an efficient, transparent interview experience that respects you and your time. Our roles typically have a four stage process (sometimes more) and we like to move through those as quickly as calendars allow. After submitting your application you will hear from us whether you are a strong fit for the role or not! From here you can expect:
- An initial screen with our recruiter
- The opportunity to meet 2-3 hiring leaders you will support
- A technical exercise appropriate to the role
- A leadership interview with our CEO, Adam
Your time is valuable, so we try to give you as much information as possible throughout our process to make the best decision for you. To start, here’s our open source company handbook, which contains docs about our vision, our virtues, our compensation philosophy, and our approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion.