Teachable is on a mission to enable the transformative power of knowledge in our world. Our online platform enables individuals and small businesses (our “Creators”) to build, host and sell online courses and coaching. (Examples of our Creators and their offerings can be found here, here and here.) We generate revenue in two ways: (1) from monthly or annual subscription fees (SaaS) paid to us by our Creators for access to the platform; and (2) from transaction fees calculated as a percent of the value of courses and services sold by Creators through our platform.
We are looking for a talented Technical Recruiter to join our highly collaborative recruiting team (currently five members). You will work with leaders across our company to accomplish our ambitious recruiting goals and bring on best-in-class talent across our engineering + product organization.
Reporting into our Recruiting Manager, you will be responsible for building systems to support high volume recruiting while also leading high-touch searches that require more active involvement from sourcing through to offer. You’ll ensure that, regardless of the outcome of their interviews, each candidate has a positive experience. You’ll be instrumental in supporting headcount growth within our existing teams and launching new functions, too! You will also have the opportunity to support our international hiring efforts through collaborating with the awesome Talent team at our parent company, Hotmart.
This role will mainly support our Technology organization in hiring (at all levels) for software engineering, product management, product design, QA and product operations roles.
This role is remote friendly with a strong preference for individuals who are able to work in our NYC office once a week.
What You’ll Do:
- Balance and prioritize multiple roles at once while ensuring an active, diverse, and healthy candidate pipeline across positions
- Lead the hiring efforts for our many of technical positions (engineering, product, product design, data, QA, technical operations, etc).
- Partner with hiring managers and department heads across our organization to deeply understand their needs and proactively build streamlined hiring processes
- Own the full cycle candidate experience from sourcing to offer and eventual hire
- Continue to build and promote Teachable’s employer brand online
- Inform best practices across our recruiting team while implementing scalable operations and systems across the broader People team
What We’re Looking for:
- 2+ years of work experience as a full cycle recruiter at either an agency or in-house.
- Systems builder who can launch new hiring practices while implementing creative solutions to identify and engage highly in demand talent
- Empathetic approach to building relationships based in trust and transparency with candidates and hiring managers
- Incredible organization and an innate hustle to get things done in time sensitive situations
- You are a team player, ready to help out across the organization
- Creative problem solving with an eye for improving processes
- Commitment to building a diverse and inclusive team
- Working knowledge of a modern ATS such as Greenhouse or Lever (we use Lever) + recruiting CRM tooling (we use Gem)
- Background in both agency and In-house recruiting
- Robust experience with diversity sourcing
- Experience with International hiring
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we’ve raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We’re in an exciting growth phase and we’re continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won’t hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you’ll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable operates under a hybrid work model, meaning we give our employees the flexibility to work from home or from one of our offices at their leisure.
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we’re committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.