Outschool’s mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We achieve this by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with other classmates who share their passions, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own paths. Our small group classes meet over live video chat with teachers who celebrate their unique strengths and empower all learners to develop confidence and a strong sense of self.
We’re also focused on removing barriers for historically underserved learners who face systemic challenges to their success. In 2020, we started Outschool.org and began offering financial assistance to families in need. We are currently creating an Educator Endowment Fund to appreciate the teachers who are so central to our mission of inspiring kids to love learning.
We believe that diversity drives learning. To meet our mission, we encourage, support, and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds. As a fully distributed (remote) team, we challenge one another to find the most effective way to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Your name, race, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and age are not barriers; they are why we want to work with you. We invite talented and creative candidates who value the importance of nurturing a child’s boundless curiosity to join us on this journey.
The pandemic has been challenging for families all over the globe. We acted quickly and worked together to provide quality resources to learners, parents, and teachers in the past year. As communities worldwide rethink their approach to education, Outschool will continue to innovate and provide kids with unique opportunities to explore their passions.
Earlier this year, Techcrunch recognized Outschool as the newest EdTech unicorn. We’ve also been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha.
Our team has grown from 25 employees at the start of last year to 150 today, and we have big plans to scale our Engineering team even further in 2022. We are a fully distributed team across the US and Canada and are proud to bring together a diverse group of people from many walks of life and backgrounds, from startup builders to former educators.
Outschool’s Recruiting team consistently works to embody and uphold our company values through every step of the talent search. We bring others in by creating an empathetic, inclusive and human-centric approach to hiring focused on candidate experience. We embrace the challenges that come with a quickly growing startup, and we remix our work: moving quickly to problem solve, use data to drive our decisions, and changing course when necessary.
As a Technical Recruiter at Outschool, you’ll use your subject matter expertise to help us grow our Product and Engineering teams. You’ll leverage tools and sourcing strategies to diversify our talent pool, surfacing historically underrepresented talent, and be instrumental in scaling out our hiring processes and talent strategy.
- Full-cycle recruiting: sourcing and engaging diverse talent while owning their progression through the various stages of the hiring process, all the way to closing
- Strategically advising and leveraging recruiting expertise with hiring managers to influence the adoption of best practices
- Using pipeline insights and reporting to improve processes and collaborating to shift our strategy when needed
- Creatively coming up with ways to diversify our pipeline through sourcing, job boards, and other partners; striving to make the experience as inclusive as possible
- Prioritizing candidate experience throughout the process, holding yourself to a high degree of responsiveness, and representing Outschool proudly
- Structuring interviews to mitigate bias
- Ensuring data integrity, accuracy of candidate records, and job postings in Lever
- Upholding and screening for our values: Bring others in, Embrace challenge, Remix our work, Stand for learners
- Involvement in ad hoc events, recruiting programs, and other projects as needed
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 3+ years of relevant experience as a full-cycle Recruiter building diverse and motivated Software Engineering, Product, Design, and/or UX Research teams
- Track record of creative strategies for sourcing passive talent from underrepresented ethnic and gender demographics
- Track record of balancing the management of efficient high-volume pipelines, competing priorities, and providing an incredible candidate experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to speak authentically, inspire others, and represent Outschool’s mission with integrity
- Experience using metrics to inform strategy and problem-solve for bottlenecks in the process
- Self-starter, critical thinker, and proactive problem solver
- Previous startup experience, especially within tech and/or education
- Previous hiring for teams such as: Machine Learning/Search, Mobile, Devops, Infrastructure
- Shared Financial Success: Competitive salaries, stock options, and investment plans that make saving for retirement easier.
- Health & Wellness: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options for employees and their families. Our medical benefits include fertility and family planning coverage. We also provide employees with online access to coaching and therapy sessions through our partner, ModernHealth.
- PTO & Family Benefits: PTO and family leave enable our team to take the time that we need to recharge, relax, and spend time with family and friends.
- Fully Distributed: With a team distributed across the US and Canada, we create a remote culture through expensable weekly meals, virtual events, expensable home office setup, and internet allowance.
- Lifelong Learners: Annual budgets to self-direct our professional development as well as DEI learning. There’s also a budget for employees’ learners to take classes on Outschool!
- Community Impact: Outschool matches employee donations to established charities and has committed to donating $3M to Outschool.org non-profit programs.
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.