ABOUT THE ROLE
Interior Define is seeking a new VP of Customer Experience to play a key role in expanding our brand story by joining our Customer Experience team. We are looking for a passionate individual who is excited to grow, innovate and disrupt the home furnishings industry through a transformative experience.
This individual should have a proven track record of scaling direct to consumer Customer Service teams, that are high performing relative to the efficiency of service delivered while acting with a high level of empathy toward the customer.
You will work collaboratively with other leaders across the organization to ensure decisions are made with both the customer and the entire Interior Define team in mind. You will be charged with being the biggest advocate for our customer internally as you identify the friction points in the experience, recommend improvements to both process and technology, and bringing positive change to life through implementation and execution.
This role will oversee a team of 30+, ensuring key metrics and insights are regularly reported on and accompanied with supporting analysis. You will own the CX P&L and be required to act as a business owner while considering the growth and development of your direct reports, and by prioritizing the happiness and engagement of your entire team.
At our core, Interior Define is a people first company. We are committed to building and empowering a team that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive across all facets of individual identity; promoting collaboration, shared learning, and contributions to our respective communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- You are excited about building an innovative brand, that prioritizes an elevated customer experience
- You have experience working on a team and can cultivate collaborative team growth and development
- You have a keen eye for detail
- You know how to manage a project end-to-end and can keep team members on stringent timelines throughout that process
- You are comfortable communicating with Sr. leadership and collaborating cross-functionally
- You adapt to each situation quickly and are able to drive full ownership of your work. You jump in and you solve problems. You are able to troubleshoot quickly, but also know the right times to ask for help
- You look for opportunities to make things better and faster (without compromising quality)
- You are customer focused. Our brand revolves around delivering an exceptional and differentiated customer experience. With that, you aim to make each customer experience better and will never settle for “that is good enough”
- You are a team player and are capable of empathizing with others. You consider yourself to have an above average “E.Q.”
- Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required on or before the start date.
- Establishes the vision for the quality of Customer Service; establishes the KPI targets for Customer Service; empowers the CX org to execute on both
- Build and maintain the fiscal budget for the entire Customer Experience organization. Ensures that any changes to the budget are justified with data, and analysis of future cost impact
- Maintains strong relationships with other departments, with particular focus on Product, Sales, Business Intelligence, and Supply Chain teams
- Sets up a strong culture of communication cross functionally; engrains Customer Experience deeply with the rest of the business.
- Ensures CX Directors/Managers are effectively brought into the right conversations to enhance training/ongoing education/service strategy
- Examines and improves current hiring & training procedures, so that time spent on interviewing and onboarding new agents is an effective use of all contributing parties’ time
- Partners with HR to establish and maintain new policies for agent vacation; ensure the Customer Service Team maintains a culture inline with that of the broader Interior Define Organization, while still protecting needs of the business and incoming volume.
- Utilizes contact and revenue/returns data to question current customer policies.
- Creates processes for auditing and keeping a consistent eye on agent actions that impact revenue (chat conversion, refund type).
- Builds new processes and protocol to drive agent efficiency (scheduling strategy, metrics communication, tooling).
- Keeps up with ongoing trends in Customer Experience space, and brings back relevant updates and changes to Interior Define (software advancements, compensation strategy, channel focus).
- Plays a significant role reporting up to the Executive team on VOC, customer contact insights, and customer sentiment.
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
- 8+ years of experience leading DTC Customer Service Teams
- Familiarity with Brick & Mortar Retail
- High acumen with Customer Service CRMs with added emphasis on Salesforce Service Cloud
- Experience managing with metrics, including productivity, quality, and efficiencies, while balancing the human element of our team
- Background utilizing any and all channels of support and service, including- email, social, sms, phone, chat, video, AI
- $120K – $170K DOE
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all the outlined requirements. We love meeting talented individuals who are excited about our brand and eager to grow in a startup environment.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Shopping for a sofa is one of the most important and emotional purchases anyone makes for their home. Your sofa sits in the center of your home, anchoring your space and influencing the way you interact with friends and family for years. Despite the significance of this purchase there was no brand making the experience more comfortable.
Interior Define is revolutionizing the way people shop for furniture (beginning with sofas). Through a vertical, made-to-order production approach and e-commerce focus, Interior Define crafts exceptional, customizable sofas and offers them for attainable prices. Interior Define makes customization easy: sofas can be tailored by size, fabric, configuration, leg style, and sit. Your space is unique. Your sofa should be too.
40% employee discount
$1000 Sofa Credit at 6 months (can be combined with employee discount)
Unlimited vacation policy
Sabbatical program after 5 years of service
Training & Development budget
Monthly Mental Health Days
Company sponsored Headspace account
14 week paid Parental Leave
Fun work environment and team culture