Olo’s mobile and web solutions let people order their favorite foods from their mobile devices and computers, helping restaurants connect with their on-the-go customers to increase their revenues from the mobile and web channel. This translates into an exciting opportunity for a Cloud POS Specialist to help our customers use our products to improve their in store operations.
You will play a crucial role within Olo’s Customer Success Team by working directly with our customers to provide expert-level support for Olo’s POS Cloud integrations for both new brands and existing ones and work to understand their unique goals and business processes. You will also work with the Olo team providing expert POS and industry knowledge to help the evolution of the product offerings as they relate to Cloud POS systems and be an important contributor to our our team, providing technical and product knowledge expertise to clients, Deployment Managers, Technical Specialists, and Product Managers, along with our support and leadership teams.
You will report to the Lead Technical Specialist – POS and can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center.
What You’ll Do
- Become an expert on Olo’s Cloud POS integrations and configure and implement Olo’s Cloud integrated POS systems
- Work directly with our customers to resolve all technical inquiries related to Olo’s Cloud POS integrated systems
- Identify and understand our customer’s unique environment where Olo’s products are implemented
- Provide responsive technical assistance by working with internal departments to resolve technology-related problems
- Partner with Deployment, Delivery, and Customer Success Managers to ensure we’re taking a holistic approach to ensure software, services, and processes support customer’s needs
- Demonstrate a high capacity for delivering quality customer service
- Be a technical liaison to Olo’s product and development teams to provide Olo Cloud POS integration insights that lead to ongoing product enhancements
- Report unexpected product behaviors to Olo’s engineering teams and work with those teams to urgently resolve these issues
- Provide feedback and establish internal processes and best practices to improve the customer experience
- Support our sales team during the sales lifecycle to understand existing Cloud POS integrated systems, POS practices, SOPs, and program goals to empower brands we partner with to deploy the best program possible
- Write knowledge-base articles relevant to assigned POS integrations
- Provide tier 3 escalation support for our teams
What We’ll Expect From You
- 3+ years of work experience, including 2+ years of experience in Cloud POS implementation or support roles
- Experience with troubleshooting and error resolution of Cloud POS products. Bonus if they are integrated with Olo
- Experience using API tools to communicate with POS API endpoints (Our team uses Postman)
- Working knowledge of POS logging and diagnostic files
- Experience educating customers on operational best practices to increase program performance
- Restaurant Operations experience
- Outstanding ability to considerately explain problems and resolutions
- Project management skills, including communication of installation timelines directly to leadership and to your client
- The creativity and ability to provide feedback on internal processes and best practices to improve the customer experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and work experience
Nice to Have
- Previous experience with implementing POS integrated online ordering, especially if Olo was the solution
- Experience in traditional POS systems (Aloha, micros 3700, RPOS, IRIS, Simphony, RPOS, PAR Pixelpoint, Positouch, Squirrel, Focus POS, etc)
- Experience training customer IT support staff and their subcontractors
- Knowledge of API and logging tools, such as SUMO Logic and Datadog
- Experience working with product and engineering teams on issues or initiatives
Olo is a leading on-demand commerce platform powering the restaurant industry’s digital transformation. Millions of orders per day run on Olo’s enterprise SaaS engine, enabling brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations. The Olo platform provides the infrastructure to capture demand and manage consumer orders from every channel. With integrations to over 100 technology partners, Olo customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. Over 500 restaurant brands use Olo to grow digital sales, maximize profitability, and preserve direct consumer relationships. Learn more at olo.com.
Olo’s headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. In addition to our NYC cohort, over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like team events. Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are underrepresented across the tech sector and we are committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!