Community powers direct relationships and one-on-one conversations between Leaders and their Members through text messaging at scale. Launched in 2019 and headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif., Community is breaking new ground in trusted marketing and communications channels by connecting Leaders–global pop culture stars, local community organizers, small business owners and brands–to their Members to drive conversations that convert into actions, sales, revenue and more.
About the Role and Your Impact
As a Technical Support Engineer you will join our Support team to bring the second line of defense for our technical systems and Community leaders. This role will focus on both technical problem solving skills and internal/external customer support. As a Technical Support Engineer, you are responsible for triaging and troubleshooting the most technically challenging support cases, ensuring operational excellence, and advocating for product quality. You’ll have opportunities to initiate work streams with Engineering teams and Operations teams to build your knowledge across all of Community’s business and to impact the customer experience for all users. This is a very dynamic role where you will provide technical assistance, tackle and resolve customer problems, work with engineering on various product issues, and contribute to projects revolving around support tools, knowledge management, and more.
What You’ll Do
- Drive resolution of technical escalations, including identification of root cause and issue resolution
- Provide interface between Engineering and Product to Account Management and Customer Support
- Provide technical mentoring to account managers
- Streamline and support the bug intake and triage process
- Drive process changes to team’s operational engineering excellence and lead by example
- Own bug and incident root-cause and drive long-term improvements through trend analysis
- Author and review knowledge base content to promote self-service for account managers
- Scale support by driving improvements to support tooling and team’s practices
What You’ll Bring
- 4+ years experience in customer support, technical support, technical account management, or a related customer-facing role
- Passion for solving customer issues and advocating for their success
- Ability to remain calm, composed and articulate when dealing with tough customer situations and maintain a positive, customer focused attitude at all times
- Ability to dig in to services, infrastructure, metrics and code to assist engineering teams in diagnosing and fixing customer issues
- Experience delivering in a live environment alongside engineers
- Knowledge of basic SQL
Community is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We commit ourselves to inclusivity across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, body size, disability, age, and class – in everything we do.