Shogun, a page builder and optimization platform for eCommerce stores. We have over 15,000 active paying clients, and we’ve launched a new product in 2020 (you can read more in Tech Crunch).
Our teams are fully distributed and global (check out our team page)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
We are looking to add a Technical Support Engineer to our team! You’ll work with clients to identify and resolve front-end issues they’re experiencing with their builds. You’ll also be testing, documenting, and reporting found bugs to our Engineering team. This role is ideal for a front-end web developer with an eye for troubleshooting and providing solutions.
The person in this role will primarily be covering North American business hours. The highest demand in our support volume is between 8am-10pm EST. We are looking for remote team members who are willing to work shifts that fall within these hours.
In this role you will…
- Help with User Interaction: Communicate with users to understand the issues they’re experiencing, and provide updates in a friendly & timely manner.
- Troubleshoot: Diagnose users’ front-end technical issues. Identify potential conflicts from themes or other apps and provide fixes to resolve them when possible. Escalate potential bugs and back-end issues for our Engineering team to resolve.
- Maintain Coverage: Help our support team and users by covering certain “time blocks” during which you will be monitoring inbound channels for when our users write in to report technical issues.
- Collaborate: Work with the Support team to communicate known bugs, brainstorm difficult issues, and handle technical issues escalated by our general support specialists. Work with the Engineering team to report found bugs.
- Fluency in the English language; demonstrated in communication and writing skills
- Experience with templating languages or developing within content management systems
- A stable, high-speed internet connection.
- Experience building a website with Wix, Squarespace, WordPress, Weebly, etc.
- Working knowledge of Shopify, especially theme modifications and third party apps
- Experience with DevTools, Liquid, React, and APIs
- A great attitude and desire to help people & solve problems 🙂
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunities for individual growth
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team that works from anywhere with good internet.
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class