**Note that you don’t need to possess 100% of the qualities to be considered**
**Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply**
About Jama Software:
Jama Software is focused on maximizing innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect® to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect uniquely creates Live Traceability™ through siloed development, test, and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
The Technical Support Engineer will ensure that Jama’s customers have a phenomenal experience with our product. This position engages with existing and prospective customers in both our cloud and self-hosted implementations. Strong troubleshooting skills with a background in supporting customer-facing enterprise products and professional interpersonal skills are required
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with Support colleagues and multi-functional teams to tackle customer-reported issues.
- Provide functional support for Jama and its integrations to customers, partners and employees through help desk software (eg. Zendesk), phone calls, and screen shares.
- Solve self-hosted installations and upgrades when they go awry.
- Work closely with customers to identify, reproduce and log defects, providing follow-up to the customer when they are not planned for implementation.
- Author and contribute to both internal and customer-facing documentation and continuously improve team process.
- Attend training sessions to keep up-to-date on Jama’s evolving features and supported environment changes.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (Monday – Friday), and participate in an on-call rotation that spans weekends and occasional holidays when needed.
- 2 years of experience in customer service or technical support with experience handling high volume and advanced, urgent issues (e.g. Call Center, Help Desk, Product Support).
- Wants to be an integral part of a world-class technical support organization
- Strong technical background in at least one of the following and familiarity with the others:
- Troubleshooting Linux systems
- Ability to setup, navigate, fix and write basic SQL database queries
- Understanding programming languages and how they work in a technical environment.
- Can articulate when the use of an API is necessary to extend an application’s abilities.
- Familiarity with network troubleshooting, working with SSL and proxy servers
- Experience with containerized applications using the Docker technology
- Superb troubleshooting skills: You use logic, problem solving and data to quickly get to the root of the problem and enjoy providing solutions to customers.
- Excellent communicator: You love working with people and take pride in delivering a phenomenal customer experience.
- Collaborative personality: Can work with a team (and across teams) to solve sophisticated problems; can provide and accept feedback in stride.
- Creativity: Will search for options when the answer is not obvious.
- Curiosity: You’re eager for knowledge and always game to learn a new skill
Benefits and Other:
If we’ve intrigued you and you are the right candidate for the role, we will offer:
- Ambitious and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized and results-oriented Product leadership team
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans as well as pre-tax savings accounts as well as a generous 401(k) employer match
- Time-off and leave programs crafted to meet critical needs for rejuvenation and, when needed, extra support to cope with life events
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of his/her relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.