Technical Support Specialist (9-5PM PST Hours)
Philadelphia, San Francisco, Remote
Guru is looking to hire a dynamic self-starter that will be genuinely empathetic to the needs of our valued customers. The Technical Support Specialist is a crucial role on our Marketing Team that will ensure our customers’ overall experience using our product is spectacular one. This role will be responsible for responding to technical product requests and working with other teams to champion customer issues and test new features prior to their release. In addition, help create and fine-tune our self-serve documentation.
This job is not only about how well you support our customers; it’s about how to lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skillset, to an energized environment and highly collaborative team.
- Respond to all inbound technical support requests via live chat (Intercom) in a timely, thoughtful and personalized manner
- Develop and maintain expert-level knowledge of the Guru product, understanding how our product works and how customers realize their business goals through Guru
- Document and troubleshoot technical customer issues for the engineering team to resolve, taking into consideration both the customer’s needs and Guru’s priorities
- Lead as the voice of the customer to the Product and Engineering organizations, raising product trends, bugs, and areas of improvement to these teams to promote retention
- Build and optimize internal and external documentation to support our growing customer base
- Support the product development team in testing new features and bug fixes prior to releasing to production
- Support our sales and marketing teams with technical questions from prospects about our product’s more complicated features and integrations
- 1-2+ years of experience in a similar role: customer support or success, sales engineering, or product preferably supporting a SaaS product
- Believe exceptional support can make an impact on a user’s experience with a product
- Genuinely excited about technology – love learning about a changing technical product, even when it’s a little out of your comfort zone
- Great problem solving skills under high pressure and time-sensitive situations
- Able to navigate ambiguous situations and lean on your creative critical thinking skills when the answer is not obvious
- Excellent at written and verbal communication; ability to distill sophisticated technology topics in easy to understand and concise language
- Technical software troubleshooting environment experience working with engineers
- Experience supporting integrations with cloud applications such as Salesforce, Zendesk, Confluence, Okta, Office 365, Slack, Google Apps, etc.
- Foundational skills in technical software applications, such as SSO/SAML, APIs, Python, and basic HTML/CSS
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous benefits package
- Professional Development & Wellness Allowance
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture!
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun!
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.