We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Holiday Break: One of the perks of working at Thinkific is having time to recharge and spend time with our loved ones over the holidays. Please note that Thinkific’s Holiday Break begins on December 25th—our team will be back on January 4th, 2022 and we look forward to learning more about you then!
Are you energized by helping your team succeed? Do you love diving deep to figure out technical issues and solve complex problems? Are you excited by technical troubleshooting and the power behind software? Do you love working directly with customers to solve their issues quickly and efficiently to create an unparalleled customer experience? You know that the best customer service involves solving problems fast — and that’s where you come in.
As a Technical Customer Champion, you’ll be part of a team that lives between Thinkific’s customer-facing teams and the Product and Engineering teams for all things technical.
The Customer Support, Customer Success, and Sales teams all funnel technical questions, complex problems and software bugs to you and your team to triage, investigate, and solve alongside our Software Engineers. You’ll contribute to building and developing a collaborative, passionate, and insanely helpful team that provides the best support in the industry!
In this role, you will:
- Triage our Technical Support queue, made up of technical questions and problems often related to our integrations, API, SSO, Themes, and software bugs
- Investigate, identify, and document software bugs by reviewing console logs, conducting cross browser and device testing, using query databases, checking our database logs, editing theme code (HTML/CSS), confirming custom domain setup, writing/running basic API scripts, and more
- Create and document processes and policies for Technical Support operations to help provide solutions and better equip our Tier 1 Support Team to handle common technical issues
- Translate technical challenges and investigation results into resources that both the internal Support team and customers can easily understand
- Be involved in the testing of new features as they are released and work closely with our Product team
- Liaise directly with Software Engineers on new bugs surfaced through customer reports after conducting initial testing on your own
- Communicate with both Enterprise customers and prospects as our Technical Software Expert to verify compatibility of system requirements with Thinkific, discussing possible solutions and implementation methods (including the external development costs done by third party experts)
- Review and answer external vendor and security assessments such as Requests For Proposals (RFPs) or Penetration Tests to satisfy system requirements of prospects and customers
- Provide mentorship and share your technical experience to help uplevel other members of the Technical Customer Champion team
- Participate in a rotating weekly on-call schedule that includes weekends (once every 6-7 weeks)
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 2+ years experience in an online customer support role with a strong focus on technical investigation and resolution
- Be experienced in supporting customers through multiple channels, including by email and phone
- Demonstrate experience being able to investigate, identify, and document software bugs
- Have hands-on experience with Zendesk or a similar ticketing system
- Love helping people—you can’t help but to go above and beyond to support a customer!
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills—you can write a customer email, pick up the phone, or hop on a video call while expressing yourself clearly
- Be an independent problem solver—you can figure out how to solve a complex software problem, even if you don’t know the answer to start
- Perform well under pressure and be able to handle emergency situations on the fly
- Have a strong work ethic and do what it takes to get the job done
- Bring new perspectives and find creative and innovative solutions to tough problems
You might be the person we are looking for if you:
- Can work effectively across departments like Sales, Product, and Marketing and are comfortable collaborating with others
- Demonstrate past experience working with various integrations, APIs, and SSO
- Are comfortable answering technical questions and acting as a mentor to other team members
- Have been part of a large support team and are able to adapt quickly to changes
- Previously worked at a fast-growing SaaS company in a B2C role
- Have been involved in the testing of new features and working cross collaboratively with other technical teams
- Can translate technical challenges and solutions into easy to understand resources for various stakeholders
Bonus points if you:
- Know tools like Slack, Asana, Google Drive, and TextExpander like the back of your hand
- Are comfortable working with HTML/CSS
- Possess some experience with SQL and reading logs in SumoLogic
- Have experience driving customer feedback to other teams internally
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!