At ConsenSys we have a vision of a world where data sovereignty and financial well-being is accessible to every person and organization. We believe Ethereum and decentralized protocol technology is a more trustworthy and equitable foundation for how we create and share value across the web. On this trusted, open source foundation, we can accelerate the world’s transition to a universally accessible network of distributed participants where transparency, security and freedom are fundamental.
Our product suite, composed of Truffle, Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. As the leading Ethereum software company, ConsenSys enables developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. To learn more about ConsenSys, and explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
Why join ConsenSys?
Remote first. You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from many different countries and cultures. Want to work remotely? Go ahead. Or pop into one of our offices? We’ve got you covered in NYC, DC, Dublin, London, Paris, Brisbane and Hong Kong.
Flexible working arrangements. You can create your own journey with flexible schedules and locations. We believe everyone has the right to control their own freedom. Our people can make their own schedule, own their own time, and we encourage you to travel and work from anywhere in the world.
Continuous learning and opportunities. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. To support your development we pay for you to learn by offering unlimited access to Coursera, a platform with thousands of courses for you to learn whatever you want, and acquire new skills.
Unlimited vacation/holidays. We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. Company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days every quarter to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. Work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
ConsenSys is currently seeking a Technical Writer with a passion for the developer experience, and particularly enterprise blockchain software. You will have an interest in or experience writing documentation for dApps, protocols and APIs—you are passionate about the needs of users in relation to these and communicating related concepts clearly. Our ideal candidate can comprehend blockchain and Ethereum concepts quickly and understand the user journey from multiple perspectives.
You’ll be comfortable working directly with development teams without extensive design or requirements documentation as input. Our daily work involves reviewing engineering pull requests, building the latest master, and using our command line products to see it working for yourself. Having a dig around in the code base is sometimes the best way to answer a question.
We’re remote first and our tech writing team and developers span multiple time zones. The reality of this means working on multiple work streams at once. The ability to independently manage multiple tasks and changing priorities will be key to success in this role.
You will work closely with our product managers and directly with our user base (generally support engineers in our community) to identify key recurring areas of confusion and create corresponding content, whether written, visual, or webinars, and be able to partner with community contributors on documentation through wikis and other means. We work in a fast-changing crypto environment, and there are many ways you can make a great impact.
- Write new documentation such as user guides, FAQs, video tutorials, and technical support docs for key aspects of our open source Ethereum software, including command line tools, API reference documents, and architecture documents
- Have an in-depth understanding of the product and what customers need to succeed with MetaMask
- Proactively identify gaps in the documentation or knowledge base articles
- Work with support engineers, product managers, and other subject matter experts in a collaborative editing environment
- Edit and review content created by others for technical accuracy and clarity
- Assist the marketing team in creating other resources and thought leadership including tear sheets, case studies, and white papers
- Provide feedback to the product team on how our products might be made easier to use
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- 3+ years experience working on software documentation, ideally in the blockchain/ crypto space
- Great teaching skills that translate into amazing written work
- Experience working with crypto wallets, dapps
- Experience using version control systems, like Git, or similar
Bonus Points for:
- Passion for blockchain and/or Ethereum
- Experience with Docs as Code workflow
- Experience with source code
- Previous work on open source projects
- Developer community experience and/or evangelism
- BA/BS degree
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.