Quick take: Axios is a digital media company that gets you smarter, faster with news that matters. We’re hiring a Technology Editor to help oversee our technology vertical.
Why it matters: This individual will work with the Technology Managing Editor to guide Axios’ coverage of the collision of technology, business and politics in a rapidly changing landscape — and how it’s reshaping the economy and how we live and work.
Go deeper: The Technology Editor will have the following responsibilities:
- Help oversee daily coverage of technology news and conceive larger data-driven and analytical stories, putting this fast-changing world into context for readers
- Work closely with the editors on other topics like business and politics to help cover stories that cross beats
- Expertise in cybersecurity coverage a plus
- In addition to editing, this person will be able to:
- report and write stories
- Work with the Newsdesk to ensure comprehensive coverage of the day’s news
- Manage a team of 3-5 journalists
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Editing experience in a fast-paced news environment
- Strong knowledge of the technology beat
- Ability to spot larger stories and narratives in the day-to-day news
- Experience working across teams to produce quality content
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital and social media landscape
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to assign and manage multiple stories at once
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.