Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love Working Async and this means you get to do your own schedule. The Remote Engineering team uses a simple approach to productivity and task management and you can read more about it in The Remote Flow.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a TechOps Specialist, joining a small but mighty TechOps team.
Our vision is to become the most efficient, capable and delightful technical support team in the world. That means working with our SaaS estate and our wonderful ‘Remoters’ (that’s what we call people who work here 😉 ) to make sure they have everything they need wherever, whenever and however they’re working. You’ll be building onboarding flows for new Macs that join our fleet and making sure the company is secure and compliant, all whilst answering everyday queries and working on long-term solutions. On top of this you’ll be instrumental in getting Remoters the kit they need to start working from day 1 wherever they are in the world and building this in to a smooth process we can build on in to the future.
- Being a part of decision-making on foundational principles and products for the Internal IT function at Remote.
- Working day-to-day on technical problems Remoters might come up against, then looking to build processes or automations that prevent the problem from ever happening again.
- Helping to discover and formalise a way to get compliant hardware to our Remoters all around the world and recover it too.
- Working with teams across the entire business to make sure they have the tools they need to do the best work of their lives whilst keeping Remote and our customers safe.
- Helping shape the team and future of TechOps at Remote and how wider IT can be perceived in the modern world.
- A people-focused outlook where delighting others is your number 1 goal.
- Understanding of macOS environments and how to establish these securely then support as they scale.
- Comfortable with individual responsibility and the ambiguity this brings.
- Self-motivated and capable of prioritising and working quickly across multiple projects.
- Ability and interest in keeping many tasks moving forward at the same time and learning as you do.
- Excited to learn how and why things work and approach every problem from first principles.
- Happy to take things on in a fast-paced environment where priorities and directions can change.
- Light web or application development experience or scripting experience is considered another plus.
- Writes and speaks fluent English.
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook Pro, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You’ll report to: TechOps Lead
- Team: TechOps
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Interview with a founder
- (async) Offer
- Reference emails
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don’t forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there’s a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!