R-Zero is the first biosafety technology company dedicated to making the indoor spaces we share safer, healthier and more productive. Founded to meet a once-in-a-generation opportunity to rethink how society understands health risks in indoor spaces, we develop the most effective and innovative technologies to reduce the spread of all infectious diseases. Combining space utilization sensor technology, AI, ML and IoT connected hardware, R-Zero’s intelligent biosafety platform provides first-of-its-kind visibility, automation and smart risk reduction in the indoor environments where humans spend 90% of their time. We are pioneering a category at the intersection of technology and public health, centered around a mission to solve one of society’s greatest challenges: Delivering a future without sick days. Today, R-Zero is emerging as a world-leader in delivering category-defining technology to address glaring gaps in society’s health protections against all infectious diseases within the indoor spaces we share.
We are a fast-growing startup, backed by the world-leading experts at Mayo Clinic and thought-leaders across health, hospitality, sports, commercial real estate and impact sectors – including those who have propelled some of the most transformative tech and innovation in history. DBL Partners, World Innovation Lab (WiL), SOSV, and John Doerr have all invested in our vision for a future that prioritizes human health.
As we grow our team, we’re looking for candidates who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo, and are motivated to usher in a new era of public health and safety.
We are seeking a Test Engineer who is motivated to use analytical and detail-oriented skills to promote high-quality software applications. This new team member will create and execute tests and procedures to provide optimal user experience with client websites and ensure web-based applications work as expected.
What You’ll Do:
- Create the tools and equipment that make sure that all R-Zero products produced by the factory are high quality and best-in-class
- Substantially improve development test resources to accelerate new product introduction and inform future development
- Think big picture to optimize the factory: maximize test coverage while minimizing the number of production test stations required
- Design, activate, troubleshoot, and optimize high-volume production tests with input from the electrical, antenna, software, mechanical, and manufacturing teams
- Design tools and common test platforms that enable anyone to run development tests that take new ideas from initial development to full scale production
- Automate testing and data analysis to accelerate our testing cadence and how quickly we learn
- Root cause test failures to uncover new ways to increase product performance, reliability, and factory yield
- Assist the firmware team in testing essential device functions
- Contribute effort, leadership, and creative thinking to solve complex problems in a collaborative fashion and under tight deadlines
- Partner with installation, customer success, software, mechanical, and manufacturing teams to identify high-impact projects and opportunities for improvement
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Must be able to work from R-Zero offices in San Francisco and Milpitas CA
- Experience performing test functions throughout the product development lifecycle from concept to mass production to sustaining production support.
- Experience with connected device QA testing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with electrical prototyping and debugging, such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi, soldering, multi-meter, oscilloscope, etc.
- Experience with rapid prototyping including 3d printing
- Experience leading a team while providing both technical direction and individual coaching
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, communicate effectively, and work both independently and within a team
- Ability to communicate complex concepts, problems, and solutions clearly to all levels within the organization
- Ability to work very fast–have an idea in the morning and build and test prototypes before the afternoon
- Functional/practical understanding of fundamental electrical engineering principles, electrical schematics, and electronics manufacturing
- Experience designing PCBAs, harnessing, or test systems for development or production applications
- Experience creating software tools or frameworks to accelerate testing
- Experience testing products to meet USA and international standards
You’ll love working at R-Zero because of our:
- High-impact mission and purpose-driven team / culture
- Flexibility to choose how you work – whether it be remote (anywhere in the USA), in our brand new Salt Lake City HQ, or a combination of the two
- Competitive salary, startup equity + incentives
- Excellent healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision) covered at 100% for employees, with active enrollment eligibility – so coverage starts on day one
- We’re in the business of improving human health for all, so the health of every employee and their families is key
- 401(k) program with zero waiting period, so you can start investing in your future on day one
- Dedication to deep work on Wednesday – no internal meetings, so you can focus on what’s most important
- Unlimited time off
- Company-sponsored quarterly meetups to connect as a team
Perks are nice, but perks aren’t what makes R-Zero an incredible place to work. It’s our mission, team, and the opportunity to move society forward with impact-driven work that does. At R-Zero, we’re building category-defining technology to solve one of society’s greatest public health challenges, and our work compels us to show up each day for our customers and our teams, while feeling well supported in our benefits.
Tied to our science-based mission focused on human health and safety, R-Zero maintains a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our priority is first and foremost the health and safety of our employees, partners and our community. Please note that R-Zero is an equal opportunity employer and we will comply with applicable law regarding accommodations.