We are the well-funded team of game industry professionals behind KovaaK 2.0, the best-selling esports training platform for hundreds of millions of competitive gamers. We put players on the path to mastery and stay with them as they develop into grandmasters; join us as we revolutionize esports!
We love getting to know one another and do our best to schedule random chats across the organization. We regularly organize online team-building activities that are actually fun.
You are an engineer who writes efficient, deployable code that is easy to maintain and conforms to best practices. You are preferably well versed in Node.js to develop web-based backend systems. You are familiar with at least one of the major cloud providers, preferably but not necessarily GCP. Our production stack is straightforward: Kubernetes, Docker, and Express; you must have working knowledge of these or similar systems. We use a multitude of different stores (SQL, NoSQL as well as caching systems like Redis); you must understand distributed computing and storage concepts.
- Implement and maintain solutions for data-focused tools and services.
- Collaborate with team members to establish objectives and design efficient systems to enhance our users’ experiences.
- 2+ years of recent professional development experience in Node.js.
- Working knowledge of version control (preferably git), Unix command line tools, and networking concepts.
- Working knowledge of OOP, design patterns, algorithms, and data structures, especially as they may apply to distributed systems.
- Professional experience with at least one of the major cloud providers (GCP/AWS/Azure), preferably but not necessarily GCP.
- Professional experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL), NoSQL databases (key-value systems), and caching technologies (e.g., Redis).
- Experience with CI/CD, containerization, and deployment concepts.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new technologies as needed.
- Willingness to assist in operational activities.
- Ability to work well as part of a collaborative development team.
- BS or equivalent coursework (AS, training, or work experience) in Computer Science or related field.
- Availability during normal US business hours.
- Experience with Unreal 4.0 (our client-side application).
- Jira & Confluence experience
- Professional experience with Kubernetes and Docker, or similar container/deployment technologies. Especially in the administration of Kubernetes.
- A fascination with build systems, continuous integration, deployment, content management, and CDNs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com