We are ThinkShout, a Portland-grown, certified B Corp dedicated to delivering exceptional web development, design, user experience, and digital strategy to the nonprofits and forward-thinking organizations that inspire us — including leaders like the Southern Poverty Law Center, the Humane Society of the United States, the World Resources Institute, and Dēmos.
We are looking for a Director of Client Experience to inspire new clients, cultivate existing relationships, and engage our community. Your work and approach must be grounded in diversity, equity, and inclusivity (DEI) best practices, and your experience, either lived or professional or both, should show a strong commitment to justice of all kinds.
ThinkShout can offer you a community of welcoming and kind designers, strategists, developers, project managers, account managers, and executives who are committed to putting people and the planet first. Your leadership on the director team and across the company will be crucial to our continued success.
[Recent About Us video]
What We’re Looking For:
- Someone who is as excited about inspiring new clients and community partners as they are managing both short and long term sales goals.
- The ability to leverage a senior cross-departmental team of experts to ensure we put forward a compelling vision of our work.
- Deep understanding of typical digital project processes as they relate to building digital products, platforms, and campaigns.
- Familiarity with the business model and service delivery plans typical of a digital agency.
- A vision for account management that balances care for our internal team alongside exceeding client expectations and inspiring account growth.
- The ability to create and manage against a sales plan that supports the organization in meeting its revenue goals.
How You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Sales – 40%
This includes setting strategic goals and managing all inbound and outbound processes.Your work here will encompass lead acquisition, proposals, pitches, and communications about opportunities to the rest of the ThinkShout team.
- Account Management – 25%
Provide a vision for our approach to account management that blends our existing team and new hires in support of cultivating accounts and meeting client expectations. More than just hitting inside sales goals, we are looking to delight our clients and support our internal teams.
- Leadership – 15%
You will collaborate with the directors from other departments to help ThinkShout identify new service offerings, ways of working, and innovation opportunities. You are part of the leadership team, participating in decision-making processes and company wide initiatives.
- Community Engagement – 10%
The Director of Client Experience cultivates relationships with local nonprofits, community leaders, and consultant partners to ensure we are always presenting a holistic approach to our work.
- Marketing – 10%
You will partner with the Chief Strategy Officer and the Sales & Marketing Coordinator to ensure that our marketing efforts support our sales goals.
The Fine Print
Our home office is in Portland, OR. Due to COVID-19, our office will remain closed at least through early Summer 2021 and our entire team is working remotely. We welcome applications from candidates across the country. About 20% of us are full-time remote and we welcome more full-time remote employees. We work hard to maintain 40hr work weeks, and we’re committed to supporting flexible schedules.
The salary band for this position is $105-135k. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Health insurance with dental, vision, and alternative care
- Company funded Health Reimbursement Account
- Matching 401k
- Life insurance and short term disability insurance
- Paid Family and Medical Leave
- 32 days of PTO annually, including holidays
- Paid sabbatical after 5 years with the company
- Professional development funds
- Good management support and a well thought-out yearly review process.
ThinkShout is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. A diverse workplace strengthens the work of all employees, ensures that the organization has the strongest staff possible, and enables all employees to collectively and more completely pursue the fulfillment of our mission, vision, and values. ThinkShout is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Please submit a resume (no more than 2 pages) in PDF format and if applicable, include links to your online presence, portfolio, or personal website. We request that you do not submit a cover letter. In its place, we have a few questions for you to answer in the job application. These questions help us learn more about you and are an integral component of the interview process.
If you are selected to move forward, here’s what you can expect:
- Round 1 is a 25-minute screening call
- Round 2 is a 90-minute panel interview with representatives from different departments of the company
We are looking to fill this position for a June start date.
Please note that candidates must reside and be eligible to work in the United States.