RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means.
The tidymodels framework is a collection of packages for modeling and machine learning using tidyverse principles.
- Create a package that, given a tidymodels object, will launch a Shiny application.
- Create a Shiny application that provides interactive visualizations to users for common diagnostics to help them understand their tuning or resampling results.
- Focus on submitting the package to CRAN.
- You should have an intermediate background in Shiny and Plotly.
- You have efficient experience with Git/GitHub, such as creating pull requests.
- You have an understanding of common modeling methods (regression, classification, resampling, model evaluation, and metrics), and package development.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- Interns are hired as temporary employees, and are not eligible for RStudio benefits.
- 100% remote.
- Interns must be eligible to work in the United States (no international hires).
- Start date: May 24th – June 7th
- The duration of the program is 12 weeks.
- Pay Rate: $25/hr, assume 40 hours per week.
- Interns are eligible for paid holidays on Memorial Day (5/31/21), Juneteenth (observed on 6/18/21), July 4th, and Labor Day (9/6/21).