Who we are:
Pixel Union and Out of the Sandbox are leading designers of premium themes and apps for the Shopify ecommerce platform. We’re focused on helping our merchants — entrepreneurs, innovators, brands, and businesses large and small — succeed by providing them with the world’s best digital products, backed by exceptional customer support.
We are a team of 90+ across all departments, with headquarters in Victoria, BC, and remote team members distributed across Canada and beyond.
About the role:
Do you love what you do and enjoy working with good people? Our tight-knit team is made up of designers, developers, project managers and support staff who love what they do, bring passion and energy to their work, and don’t settle for anything less than the best results.
We are currently looking for a Tier 2 Support Specialist to join our Themes Support team. You will collaborate closely with other support & success specialists providing exceptional help for our products. You’ll be making sure our customers’ needs are met and any of their concerns are heard – we’re here to quickly connect with our customers and help them solve their more technical challenges.
What you’ll be doing…
- Providing fast, trustworthy and reliable email help to allow our support team to deliver the best customer service in the industry
- Completing product installations and support requests
- Digging into reported issues or queries in detail to diagnose and differentiate between product and non-product issues in order to provide accurate, valid, and complete information to our customers
- Flagging issues, raising important merchant concerns, and suggesting improvements that will benefit merchant experience
- Answering questions from merchants and other support specialists
- Helping our customers bring their vision to reality and tailoring your communication to match their knowledge and technical skill level
Working closely with our QA, Design, and Dev teams to resolve concerns and escalate bug issues
- Shopify and/or BigCommerce platforms and their languages
- Ecommerce and technology – let us know how you got this experience!
- Creative problem solving, critical thinking, and digging deeply into issues
- Explaining technical concepts and troubleshooting steps to clients and colleagues, at any level of tech understanding
- Providing an exceptional customer experience through an eye for detail and focus on solutions
If you have anything you’d like to clarify about your resume let us know in your cover letter! Maybe you’ve taken some time to travel, have enjoyed short contracts, or spent time caring for family – we’d love to understand your background and experiences.
We are a company built on creativity, teamwork, and employee well-being. We trust our team members and encourage them to design their work schedules so that they can get the most out of their day. We value challenging ourselves and others to ask questions that uncover better solutions for the future, and we get joy from being around fun, communication-focused folks who want to make a difference at their work!
Some of our perks include:
- Flexible work schedule and remote-friendly culture and systems
- Providing company hardware and software
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity for growth as the company grows
- Exposure and learning across teams and services
- Health benefits and RRSP matching
- Company-sponsored wellness allowance
- Generous vacation policy
We bring passion and energy to our work, and believe that work should be rewarding, interesting, and come at a sustainable pace. Our team members can be found across Canada, the U.S. and the UK, and are well-adapted to working from home and the remote lifestyle. As long as you have a strong internet connection, you’ll be all set to join this dynamic team!
Please note that we will be filling this position within Canada. We look forward to hearing from you!
We thank all who show interest. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.