Disruptive Games is a veteran development studio specializing in multiplayer and online experiences. We are an independently owned studio working on a AAA, fully-funded title with original IP!
We’re expanding our fully-remote team with people who share our passion for collaborative, multiplayer gameplay.
We’re looking for a Tools Engineer to build development tools and workflows to accelerate our team for games. This person will be responsible to improve our build pipeline for speed, usability and reliability. Building and improving user facing tools for advanced git workflows and Unreal Engine are critical for this role as well.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with all disciplines to improve our build pipeline and workflows to create smooth experiences and increase stability and reliability.
- Come up with creative solutions to managing large data that comes with game development and working to optimize for cost and performance.
- Build, maintain and improve internal UI and source control tools, including tools to help artist integrate workflows from DCC packages into Unreal Engine.
- Define and streamline localization workflows into UnrealEngine
- Help maintain automated test workflows and reporting around game titles and automated pipeline deployment.
- Provide time estimates to leads and management; keeps co-workers up-to-date on progress of programming work as well as non-programming feature dependencies
- Participate in feature and code reviews; strong collaborator willing to accept and respond to critical feedback
- Independently recognize opportunities to improve our games, tools, engine or general workflow; and seek to make these changes
What You Bring:
- BS in Computer Science or comparable work experience
- Someone with a mind for detective debugging work to track down and fix issues spanning multiple domains
- Competency around DCC tools and their workflows
- Strong understanding and technical proficiency with Git
- Experience building GUI tools with WPF, WinForms, some other comparable framework.
- Strong C# skills, with knowledge of concepts around asynchronous programming models
- Proficiency around scripting languages (Powershell, Bash, Python, etc)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience deploying infrastructure and application solutions to AWS or other public cloud providers (Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Experience with C++ highly desired
- Professional experience with Unreal Engine and/or the video game industry
- Console development experience
- Experience with improving UI/UX and UI layouts
- Experience with GitLab
- Experience with Terraform
- Avid Gamer, with a passion for multiplayer games
Disruptive Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, interview, and hire people of all backgrounds, orientations, identities, and expressions.