Who We Are: WellSaid Labs
We’re creating Voice for everyone.
At WellSaid Labs, we enable creatives around the globe by putting high-tech, human parity technology into their hands, giving them the ability to add voice-over to any project and iterate with ease. Creative teams use WellSaid Lab’s Voice Studio to create compelling employee training, design unique digital experiences, and narrate audiobooks. We believe deeply in AI for Good, and that technology should be empowering, engaging, and fair to all people.
Who You Are: An empathetic Trust & Safety Manager
The WellSaid Labs Ethics team oversees the implications of our technology to protect our stakeholders from harm, including team members, customers, voice talent, and our broader community.
We are looking for a Trust and Safety Manager to support our content moderation efforts to ensure our technology use is in line with our user Terms of Service. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a third-party content review team to review the contents created on the platform by users and ensure to keep the platform safe from any harmful, overtly sexual, or illegal use. You will work closely with the engineering, product, and customers teams to mitigate scam, fraud, and Terms of Service violations and a variety of other issues dealing with the integrity of our product and the safety of our team. You will be involved in a wide array of technical and non-technical projects at any one time.
How You’ll Contribute:
In your day-to-day, you will help manage our third-party moderation relationships to ensure consistency and high standards for our customers. You will also help to create transparent documentation around violations in user content to share with the team and stakeholders. You will also stay on top of trending content concerns, so we can continue to be thoughtful about our Terms of Service.
You will also…
- Team protection/security: Establish best practices for protecting our team from harm & build preventative measures
- Gather & measure analytics for moderation and identity verification program performances
- Strategize moderation program & identity verification improvements, including testing new content use cases
- Work with Engineering to communicate and prioritize engineering needs
- Research resources, solutions for moderation system and identity verification improvements
- Run Terms of Service compliance center for our API customers
- Partner with ML team to evaluate the performance of ML tooling moderation tooling
- Establish best practices for protecting our team from harm & build preventative measures
What We’re Looking For
To thrive in this role, you ideally have successfully managed a content moderation effort within a user-facing application. You will have worked well cross-functionally with other teams within an organization and with third-party vendors to maintain a high standard of quality.
You also have some combination of the following:
- 2+ years experience in Trust & Safety
- SME in content moderation for text-based content
- Experience with problem-solving, planning, and execution in a self-directed environment
- Experience managing 3rd party vendors
- Experience building performance metrics and flagging KPI’s for our teams and customers
- Transitioning ambiguity into repeatable, explainable processes
To join our team you also:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
What We Offer
WSL is proud to support an inclusive work environment that emphasizes each team member’s personal and professional growth. Our team is fully distributed throughout the U.S., and we support flexible schedules – work where and when you work best. You’ll have teammates just a Slack message or video call away if you ever need help solving an exciting challenge, or even if you just have a funny story to tell.
Compensation and Benefits
As a startup, we strive to be externally competitive with companies at a similar size and stage, and internally fair in our pay practices. The hiring salary range for this role is $80,000 – $105,000 and represents the target offer range given the scope and experience expectations for this role.
In hiring, we are generally open to a range of experiences and levels, and recognize that as a candidate you may be less experienced or more senior than this job description as posted. If that’s the case, an updated salary range will be shared with you if you move forward in our hiring process.
As a WSL team member, once you are hired, the salary range for your role expands to ensure you are able to receive performance-based raises and grow in your role.
Other perks and benefits:
- Competitive equity package
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Generous paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Learning & development stipend
- Home office stipend
What to Expect From Us
We strongly encourage you to apply! If we feel your skills, experience, and values match, we’ll reach out about meeting with the team.
During the interview stage, you can expect:
- An initial “phone” screen with our recruiting team (25-30 minutes)
- An interview with the hiring manager (30 minutes);
- A short take-home assessment; if there’s a match we’ll schedule an interview loop with the team
- An Interview loop with 3-4 interviews (1 hour each) with the team members you will be potentially working with
All interviews will be remote via Google Meets; we are happy to make accommodations you might need to feel set up for success in our process.