We are HubSpot, a fast-growing company with an award-winning culture. Our design team is growing and we are looking for an experienced design researcher to join our creative/marketing team to create evidence-based strategies that incorporate customer needs and business objectives.
HubSpot’s Marketing Design Team covers a broad spectrum of practice areas, including discovery and analysis, user research, interaction design, information architecture, visual design, and branding.
About the Role
We are looking for a UX Researcher with a solid foundation in qualitative research and a broader understanding of User Experience to define and run winning strategies who can:
- Analyze business requirements, identify and unveil powerful insights that meet users needs and expectations
- Work hand in hand with our marketers and strategists to understand long and short term business goals
- Look for innovative approaches to gaining consumer insights and deliver a wide range of generative and evaluative research projects
- Plan and conduct design research programs with a primary focus on qualitative research, interviews, design ethnography, concept evaluation, participatory design, usability studies, and data analysis
- Execute and moderate a range of research and design thinking methods, including remote sessions and workshops
- Develop end to end research initiatives from design through reporting
- Collaborate with high-performing, cross-functional teams in multiple projects
- Ensure unbiased data is collected, analyzed, and synthesized
- influencing design team members and stakeholders on best research practices and helping to develop the research operation
This role might be perfect for you if you are:
- Passionate about helping our customers—to grow better.
- Effective problem-solving and critical-thinker.
- Challenge assumptions.
- Able to work thoughtfully with designers and non-designers alike.
- Curious to learn and take on new challenges in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to find value and growth opportunities in receiving and providing both affirming and constructive feedback.
- Comfortable asking questions that help surface and challenge assumptions and articulate design decisions.
- Have an eye for visual composition and are interested in taking our brand to the next level.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.