UX Designer – Remote within the US or In Office (PA, CA, UT)
Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company and the community to the next level (and every level after that). We are the people behind the tech. And when it’s good, we look for better. We don’t over think the value we bring nor spend time trying to revamp mantras. We also do not come up with some crafty way to tell you who we are and what we offer. We are Nav! Here, you’ll gain a wealth of experience, learn the tricks of the trade, and work with winners. All companies say people are connected to their mission but in our case our mission and our people are one – it is a way of being not just a cause you are committed to. And since 2013, Nav has holistically and organically developed its own ideology because Nav can only be Nav.
In this role you will be transforming the small business financing ecosystem. As our UX generalist you will be responsible for driving forward UX design and research on new features, products and services that are being developed for our customers. This role collaborates heavily with developers, project management, business analysts, and our end users in an agile process.
What We Empower You With
- Partnering with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements and provide creative, thoughtful solutions.
- Communicating the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, specs, and/or lightweight prototypes
- Implementing and working with continuous feedback loops, UX research methodologies, testing activities, user research in order to analyze, measure, and predict user behavior. Synthesize results and lead discussions on UX/UI problems.
- Integrate the latest standards in interaction design and trends in user design into the product to create the most intuitive and easy to use financing product in the market.
- Leveraging analytical tools to measure success, find opportunities and support your decisions.
- Using visual and tangible storytelling to share your discoveries, influence stakeholders and create energy around an idea or an initiative.
What You Bring To The Table
- The ability and desire to work in all phases of the design process (thinking and making)..
- You are able to use design to communicate complex concepts simply and always strive to make things tangible, whether they’re conversations, frameworks, or ideas.
- You have a clear history of crafting user consumer-facing digital experiences for web and apps that inspire brand loyalty.
- You have shipped and maintained multiple products and features with an online portfolio that showcases your work and your process.
- You have a keen eye for typography, color and layout; possessing strong visual design skills, focused on details and quality.
- You are proficient using tools like Sketch and Figma, and can efficiently use your skill set to develop new designs within existing systems and design languages.
- You are appreciative of data in creating a more complete picture of the problems you are solving.
Who You Are
- You love working on user problems not because you feel you have to, but because you love what you are doing, and you want to build something big for the world. Your favorite thing to do is to take on a huge challenge and pull it off. A collaborative nature with strong communication skills, sincerity, and a sense of humor in the face of ambiguous design challenges.
- You are genuinely interested in designing beautiful experiences that impact people’s lives. You make it your business to know as much as you can about the people you are designing for and make design decisions based on their needs.
- You don’t get overwhelmed or flustered easily. You’re able to keep track of multi-projects at once, managing your time efficiently and communicating regularly with your manager and the broader team.
- You’re business savvy while keeping your users’ needs at the forefront of your designs.
- You are comfortable navigating through ambiguous problem spaces in pursuit of clarity and concrete outcomes.
- You thrive in a startup environment. You turn things around quickly, enjoy fast-paced days and are comfortable changing course based on new data.
At Nav, we celebrate what makes our employees unique because the businesses we serve are progressively diverse and distinctly original. Navericks are diverse, side hustlers, immigrants, veterans, queer, and we push generational boundaries. We are college dropouts, PhDs, special needs parents, allies, pet owners and community leaders. Navericks are human. We are committed to upholding a safe, supportive environment where everyone matters. We are committed to making a better future for all of us. We have created a workplace where people of all backgrounds can express their identities authentically. To put it simply, we want you to be proud to be you.
Our Compensation Philosophy Is Simple But Powerful
We believe great, enduring relationships are grounded in trust and transparency. Compensation shouldn’t be a distraction, and employees should understand how pay and career advancement decisions are made. Providing equal pay for equal work is table stakes for being a great place to work. Gender and ethnic inequality should only be something that our children read about in history books. We believe providing Navsters with company ownership, competitive pay, and a range of meaningful benefits is the start of creating a culture where people want to give the best they’ve got — not because they’re simply making money, but because they’ve fallen in love with our vision, mission, values, and team.
Our Impact On You
Competitive Pay. Company Ownership. Unlimited Vacation. 401k and HSA Company Match. Benefits Day One. 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave. Work From Anywhere (yes we were distributed before it was cool). Flexible Work Arrangements. Free Telehealth and Telemental Health For All Employees. Employee Networking and Events. Community Network Groups (women’s, PRIDE, culture). Meaningful Perks and Rewards. Learning and Development Opportunities. Pet Insurance.
A Naverick’s DNA:
- We look at the future and say “why not”; we see possibilities where others see problems or routines. We show the way ahead and are committed to achieving ambitious goals.
- We practice straight talk and listen generously to each other with empathy. We value different opinions and point of views. We ensure that we connect outside as well as inside to learn from others and inspire each other.
- We hold ourselves accountable for delivering results. We choose to not to be a victim of circumstance. We make decisions & take responsibility so that we can act & support each other, rather than adopting defensive, and “finger pointing” behaviors.
- As leaders we motivate & engage our teams to undertake beyond what they originally thought possible, by developing our teams & creating the conditions for people to grow and empower themselves through enabling & coaching.