REPORTS TO (Title): Director of Copywriting DEPARTMENT: Marketing
SUPERVISES: This position does not have any direct reports CLASSIFICATION: EXEMPT
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
Do you have a love for language? A passion for words? A sizable vocabulary with a death grip on grammar? If so, we’re looking for you!
In the UX / Marketing Copywriter position at Xsolla, you will use your writing ability and problem-solving skills to help elevate the digital and product user experience for our client partners and provide support for our external marketing and branding efforts.
You will create and edit copy that optimizes and focuses on Xsolla’s products, services, and user flows while maintaining marketing and branding guidelines. When working within teams, you will be able to take multiple ideas and create strong, cohesive messaging for our users. As an individual, you are self-driven, accountable, and trustworthy and work well in a team environment.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write clear, simple, and streamlined copy for the service design team such as integration guides, web interface text, mobile interface text, transactional emails, how-to blogs, and more
- Write strong, nuanced, and effective copy for the marketing and product teams such as product copy, ebooks, website copy, blog articles, email campaigns, and more
- Have strong proofreading and editing skills
- Analyze the user experience and make recommendations for optimization
- Play a key role on teams for larger initiatives including brainstorming, strategizing, pitching, and executing ideas
- Collaborate across departments to execute on strategy and messaging for strategic projects
- Contribute to the efficiency of the marketing team by sharing new ideas and approaches for meeting our marketing objectives
- Understand the target audience and adapt copy accordingly based on each use case and desired interaction
- Edit technical documents written by international offices or outside vendors to ensure continuity with the Xsolla brand messaging and ways of communicating with our users
- UX writing experience within a creative agency, or for an in-house UX team
- Marketing copywriting experience within a creative agency, or for an in-house marketing team
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or related field
- Strong technical writing skills and extensive experience with SaaS
- Keen eye for detail in regards to grammar, syntax, and tone
- Ability to produce copy for different reading levels and audiences
- Ability to receive input from multiple stakeholders and adjust to constructive feedback
- Ability to quickly learn and understand tech products and adapt to changes
- General marketing and branding experience
- Experience working with Google Suite, Basecamp, JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with the following programs: Figma, Miro
- Experience creating website content – articles, technical documentation, product and solution messaging, blog stories
- Experience in the video games industry and/or an interest in video gaming
Freedom to Act:
- Ability to self-motivate and work individually, as well as with a team
- Strong time management skills to closely monitor and track your own work, as you will be interfacing with an international team and time differences
- Ability to multitask and work across multiple projects simultaneously
Size and Complexity:
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities and projects while maintaining a positive, professional attitude and demeanor
- Ability to participate in special projects
- Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost level of professionalism
- Performs well on cross-functional project teams and with external vendors
- Understands external relationships with partners
Xsolla is the video game commerce company, powered by its Transaction Engine and Business Engine, that helps developers and publishers market, sell, connect and optimize their games globally. Serving only the video game industry, the Xsolla Transaction Engine powers the full suite of cloud-based tools to promote and monetize projects, while Xsolla Business Engine provides clients with the roadmap to maximize those tools, and connect them with industry partnerships to expand their business. The two work seamlessly together — for businesses of all sizes, from indie to enterprise — to solve the complexities of distribution, marketing and monetization so they can increase their audience, sales and revenue. Headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices worldwide, Xsolla operates as a merchant and seller of record for major gaming entities like Valve, Twitch, Roblox, Ubisoft, Epic Games and KRAFTON. For more information, please visit www.xsolla.com.
Xsolla is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on the following: Race, color, Ancestry, national origin, Religion, creed, Age (over 40), Disability, mental and physical, Sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), Sexual orientation, Gender identity, gender expression, Medical condition, Genetic information, Marital status, Military and veteran status, and any other terms deems by the State of California.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Xsolla takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process. For more information related to GDPR or CCPA please reach out to email@example.com.
Longevity Opportunity Vision Enjoy the game.