Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
Elastic is looking for an experienced and visionary leader of UX and Product Design for our Security Team. This is an opportunity to work with senior leadership in both our Design and Engineering teams to establish a market leading Security product. You will shape our mission, people, and processes to lead with UX in our goal to protect the world’s data from attack. Your efforts will focus on activities with leverage and scale to help cultivate a user-obsessed mindset for our team. This position reports directly to the Head of Product Design at Elastic and will work alongside the engineering and product leadership teams of our Security product.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Ensure that UX is prioritized in company roadmaps by working with senior leadership and product teams.
- Be hands on generating and reviewing the user experience designs for our most critical new capabilities.
- Nurture a culture of creativity and innovation within the team, with a focus on practical application and results.
- Contribute and influence the direction of Elastic’s design system (EUI) as it relates to Security requirements.
- Coach a team of Product Designers as direct reports through one on ones, quarterly reviews and feedback loops.
- Contribute and define hiring strategies for the larger Product Design organization.
- Effectively communicate user research results to multiple levels of the company in ways that drive impact.
What You Bring Along:
- Experience managing a pool of designers as direct reports.
- Working experience with prototype tooling (Figma, Framer, Sketch…etc)
- Working experience around design code (CSS/JS) specifically with an understanding of maintenance and upkeep.
- Experience managing user research practices and incorporating them into the development process.
- Proficiency around visual design, iconography, typography and UX as a visual medium.
- Experience with a technical, enterprise product that understands Security Analysts as a core persona.
- Experience leading through change and rapid growth.
- Implemented data-driven strategies in Design and have a familiarity with experimentation and telemetry.
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.