About Stepped Care Solutions
We are a not-for-profit consultancy and the creators of Stepped Care 2.0 (SC2.0), a revolutionary new methodology that transforms how mental health services are accessed and delivered. Our global team of facilitators, trainers and subject-matter experts collaborate with organizations to co-design and implement innovative mental health care systems that address the unique needs of their organizations and communities. We are committed to the continuous improvement of the SC2.0 model, informed by service users and other stakeholders, on-going data collection, evaluation and research.
All SCS Staff Are:
- Adaptable and committed to continuous learning based on a growth mindset
- Compassionate and empathetic
- Committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Dedicated to making a difference
- Willing to disrupt traditional ways of doing things
We are looking for a UX leader to be the hub of all things research and feedback for the Wellness Together Canada platform. We have world class research and feedback coming in from all directions and are looking for someone to help organize, prioritize, and advocate for what is ultimately the voice of the end user. This is a once-in-a-lifetime project and an amazing opportunity to join a team of high performing, passionate individuals delivering a groundbreaking e-mental health solution to people in Canada and Canadians abroad. This role will be the first internal UX hire for the company and will require a builder skillset to set the foundation for a strong collaborative practice between UX and Product Design.
- Partner closely with product, design, and engineering leads to identify desired research outcomes and develop a well-crafted research plan with clear objectives
- Lead kick-off and sign-off meetings with cross-functional teams using collaborative methods to uncover the root problem and gain alignment with stakeholders. This role will facilitate the sign off process for all wireframes and the overall user journey
- Lead the research vision and strategy, including defining research goals, objectives and scope to help uncover user needs, improve the usability of our product, and inform our roadmap.
- Manage the behavioral research vendor contract and engage and necessary
- Deliver insights with appropriate narrative framing to guide immediate changes, the team’s vision, and roadmap decisions.
- Present findings and recommendations to improve the experiences of users; be a staunch advocate for users in cross-functional meetings, and raise questions or challenge assumptions that are not in the best interest of our users.
- Oversee the planning and execution of research with the internal team and external vendors
- Collaborate with Product team to integrate research at all stages of the product development process, from problem definition to post-launch validation.
- Synthesize data across multiple inputs, including both quantitative and qualitative inputs such as user research findings, large-scale surveys, product analytics, final reporting outputs – including presentations distilling findings & decisions
- Represent the voice of the user throughout the whole product development process and ensure that the UX and UI experience reflects key insights from the user research and input during discover
- Collaborate and participate in Product team rituals
- Communicate tactical and strategic findings efficiently and effectively with internal stakeholders and external client teams through written reports and live presentations
Experience and Qualifications
- Have 5-7 years or equivalent of user research experience
- 2+ years in a leadership position
- Experience working with design teams
- Familiarity with traditional academic research methods
- Experience in human centred design
- Proven history of managing high performing teams, setting clear objectives and supporting your team to achieve amazing results.
- Possess a strong background in market & competitive landscape, value proposition research, persona development, strategic product / brand positioning and marketing campaign development & measurement
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience writing and/or doing research for a startup, big tech company or educational outlet (or equivalent experience) related to technology or business content
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment
- Ability to translate complex or abstract ideas into concrete and actionable advice
- Creative and strategic, yet also able to roll sleeves up and get in the weeds
- Ability to work well with a wide range of personalities and working styles
Stepped Care Solutions (SCS) is a not-for-profit mental health system consultancy group. We are dedicated to collaborating with organizations, communities and the individuals they serve to support mental health system transformation, based on the guiding principles and innovative SC2.0 model. SCS works globally with a number of partners to adopt and implement SC2.0, and also partners to deliver the 24/7 virtual and free e-mental health and substance use platform, Wellness Together Canada. By removing barriers to care, SCS is improving access to a continuum of culturally relevant care options.
This is an exciting time to join this evolving, adaptive and fast-paced organization! We are looking for individuals who are excited by our work approach and vision. Our postings are for contract positions, which do not include pension/RRSP contributions at this time. Perks that do come with a Stepped Care Solutions contract:
- Work remotely from anywhere in Canada, our team maximizes technology to work collaboratively with others.
- A competitive salary
- Full, competitive benefits, SCS has a flexible work environment with generous vacation time.
- No two days are alike. We are a passionate group of people who are invested in change, continuous improvement, and transforming mental health systems!
Workplace Diversity, Inclusion & Equality
SCS is committed to fostering a diverse inclusive culture. Consistent with our stepped care philosophy we believe the unique contributions that people can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
SCS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation during the process, please contact Reem Zaghal, email@example.com
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at SCS, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org