This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in Canada
THERE’S A LOT TO SMILE ABOUT
The Smile CDR platform enables people and organizations to manage healthcare data better. It’s built around a standard made by HL7 called FHIR, which acts as a new universal language for healthcare data. Different information technology systems can communicate by speaking the same data language. Consider a career with us today.
Smile CDR is a strong brand with established trust and reputation in global healthcare technology markets. This newly created role will help enable interoperability of the organization’s health systems using a standards-based product that leverages the most proven FHIR implementation in the world.
BE PART OF THE TEAM WORKING TOWARDS #BETTERGLOBALHEALTH
As a UX Researcher, you will conceive and conduct user research, interviews, and surveys and ensure that the organization follows the best practices for UX Research. This position works closely with UX Designers, Business Analysts, Product Managers and Engineers to create forward-thinking strategies and user scenario-driven features to help the organization meet business goals.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers, UX designers, project leads and customer success.
- Perform user research to understand problems and product use insights.
- Conduct qualitative research such as task analysis, concept testing, heuristic evaluations and usability testing.
- Support designers and business colleagues in prioritizing potential research activities.
- Develop research fieldwork approaches (moderated or unmoderated) which address business and design objectives.
- Create personas through user research and data.
- Support in building complex workflows and navigation.
- Work with project teams and sponsors to determine research needs
- Identify the most appropriate methods, create protocols and plans, generate recruitment screeners, moderate sessions, analyze results, compile reports, and present findings.
- Contribute to Smile’s UX processes and practices, and stay on top of current methods and practices.
- B.A/B.S. in a field related to human behaviour, such as HCI, psychology, anthropology, sociology, communication, information science, media studies, computer science, or economics.
- 3+ years of relevant UX research experience combined with relevant post-secondary education.
- Proven understanding of technical design research theory and design research tools.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to understand workflows and turn them into clear and impactful design solutions and flows.
- Creative thinking skills to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability, responsiveness) combined with an outcome-focused design mentality.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiar with standard design methodologies.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to increasingly complex and changing work.
- Strong storytelling skills and an ability to frame insights into compelling narratives.
Smile CDR’s core values are respecting, embracing our differences, and celebrating our shared values. Our people are the foundation of our success, and we remain dedicated to building diverse and inclusive teams. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations or have any questions during the application process.