We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
We’d love to put your mind at ease while looking for a new opportunity during a pandemic.
Read about how we’re supporting #TeamThinkific during COVID-19 and how we’ve transitioned to working remotely.
Are you passionate about understanding customer and business needs and finding ways to bridge these? Does the opportunity to build and improve on amazing customer experiences get you excited? Have you been described as a natural relationship builder, whether that’s with customers or with internal team members? Are you excited about joining a quickly growing team and making an impact on our platform? You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As a UX Researcher, you will help us articulate Thinkific’s UX strategy and help bring the customer to the heart of everything we do. As a member of the Experience Design & Research team, you will help facilitate engagement and collaboration across various departments at Thinkific, including our Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, and Support teams. You will work closely with Product Managers and Experience Designers to help them conduct their research, while also leading your own research. You’ll be a champion for our customers, seeing that their needs are understood and empathized with across our entire team.
In this role, you will:
- Help keep the customer at the heart of everything we do by setting up and engaging in systematic customer research
- Gather business and user insights, applying strategic planning skills to influence our long-term vision for how we communicate value to our customers
- Ensure that our features are aligned with key customer goals, that they help our customers achieve their goals, and work with the team to improve navigation and findability within the product
- Work collaboratively to maintain product experience cohesion by focusing on the overall customer journey
- Gather and define content requirements for Product teams, maintaining holistic content consistency across different channels
- Work to continuously improve and setup UX research processes and practices to help us scale our research organization
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 5+ years of experience planning, leading, and reporting on customer research through customer interviews (in-person and remote), user testing, survey research, and mixed-method approaches
- Possess a proven track record of success in a researcher role in a mid or large-sized organization
- Demonstrate experience with shaping digital strategy for a SaaS product
- Be able to work collaboratively with senior leadership and Product, Marketing, and Support teams to establish and maintain a focus on the customer experience
- Be comfortable creating wireframes, user flows, information architecture, research planning, and communication assets
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written—you’re equally comfortable speaking with customers, writing helpful guides, or presenting your findings to a team
- Approach problems and challenges as a systems thinker
- Have exceptional organizational skills—you dot every “i” and cross every “t”
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Possess excellent analytical abilities to synthesize key business and customer insights
- Have conducted content audits on mid-to-large sized websites or SaaS products
- Previously contributed to or created infographics to communicate ideas
Bonus points if you:
- Have worked in the online education industry
- Have quantitative skills and are comfortable working with databases
- Have setup and scaled UX research processes and practices in a fast growing company
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!