Reports to: Head of UX
Location: Remote US
Compensation Range: $79,250 to $105,000 base plus bonus and equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don’t discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business.
Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools.
Through a combination of expert human threat hunters, a comprehensive platform, and a desire to make the world a safer place, we’re working to deliver cybersecurity to the 99%—those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
The growing User Experience (UX) team at Huntress is driven by our mission to deliver cybersecurity to the 99%, and our process reflects that. We are looking for our first Technical Writer to help us communicate in a human-centered and concise manner. Technical writers improve UX by crafting clear and understandable material, which takes form in documentation, User Interface (UI) copy, knowledge articles, and more.
- Write UI copy for the Huntress Managed Security Platform
- Write topic-based knowledge articles, feature documentation, release notes, and other online content
- Ensure proper documentation during product launches
- Standardize terminology and content use across the Huntress Platform
- Establish a style for all technical documentation
What You Bring To The Team:
- 3+ years of experience writing topic-based documentation and UI copy for software products and services
- Familiarity with rapid prototyping tools, like Figma, InVision, or similar
- A technical background or proven ability to assimilate technical information and produce accurate documentation; background in cybersecurity preferred
- Ability to work across teams to help shape a cohesive interface and user experience
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
What We Offer:
- 100% remote work environment – since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
- Access to both Udemy and BetterUp platforms for coaching, personal, and professional growth
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice and is empowered to show up to work every day as their full self.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.