Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 60 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world’s developers. The products and services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names. We’re a profitable and fast growing organization looking for talented, self-directed individuals who combine technical know-how with excellent writing abilities.
Stack Overflow is looking for a Vice President of Demand Generation & Growth to aggressively scale the revenue of our B2B SaaS knowledge sharing and collaboration platform, Stack Overflow for Teams while driving demand for our Reach and Relevance products, Stack Overflow Advertising and Stack Overflow Talent. This role will oversee digital marketing programs including ABM and SEO/SEM, events marketing, marketing operations, and growth marketing.
While we’re very open to hiring remote (globally), we need your working hours to overlap with at least the hours of 10AM – 1PM US Eastern time.
Who we’re looking for…
- You are an experienced demand generation leader who has helped scale a fast growing SaaS business focused on developer & technology buyers, and successfully led and mentored a team.
- You are highly-focused on driving revenue and demand generation programs, drawing from your experience, SaaS demand generation best practices, experimentation, and iteration.
- You understand the B2B SaaS technology buyer – from C-Suite down to Developers and Technologists. You have marketed products to one or more of these B2B buyer personas.
- You are a strategic thinker and leader who will partner with Sales Leadership and the Senior Leadership Team to ensure alignment on strategy, resources, and KPIs.
- You and your team are tasked with creating over $50M in qualified pipeline in 2021 through effective and efficient demand gen programs and optimization; you’ve achieved similar goals at a SaaS company in the past.
- You are a trusted partner, working closely with Product Marketing and the Content Team in order to shape the development of sales collateral, content marketing and thought leadership programs and materials, overseeing all related promotional planning.
- You’re a partner with Sales leaders and Marketing Ops on key metrics, including marketing performance measurement, budgeting, strategic planning, process definition, and marketing systems and data. This includes getting highly detailed on demand generation attribution and the efficacy of marketing spend.
- You have managed growth marketers, and will support their work across Product and Engineering in order to drive product-led growth for Stack Overflow for Teams.
- You have managed individuals and teams to drive to results; this role will oversee all 10+ marketers.
- You know why attention to detail is important and you focus on the details in everything you do.
- You are comfortable working with data. You know how to get the data you need, how to analyze it, and how to act on what the data shows.
- You have experience evaluating, selecting, and onboarding vendors and partners to hit team goals
- You are comfortable defining and managing a multi-million dollar program budget.
What you’ll be doing:
- Priority 1 – review our 2021 KPIs making any necessary changes in close partnership with Sales and Finance leadership while getting very detailed on reporting and attribution of
- Priority 2 – evaluate current channels and campaigns (working close with existing leadership and our analyst) in order to ensure we are expanding in the right directions in 2021, and that the team is resourced appropriately — from headcount to our martech stack
- Priority 3 – develop a content and omnichannel strategy to generate awareness and demand across all three LOBs while tracking and reducing CAC over time.
- Your everyday responsibilities:
- Lead the demand generation team
- Ensure we are meeting our monthly and quarterly pipeline goals for each line of business
- Collaborate across internal teams
- Communicate demand generation strategy, challenges and wins to SLT
Who you’ll be working with:
- You’ll be on the Marketing & Communications team, reporting to the Head of Marketing & Communications, where you’ll manage 10+ demand generation professionals
- You’ll closely partner with our CRO and sales leadership in order to set, track against, and meet revenue targets specific to each line of business
- In addition to your Sales and Marketing partners, you’ll also work with Product, RevOps, Customer Success, and the company’s Senior Leadership Team.
- We’re a highly collaborative company.
What You’ll Need:
- At least 12+ years of marketing experience working within demand generation, with 7+ years experience working with b2b SaaS
- Strong leadership skills, proven ability to build, motivate, and lead team to achieve results — especially in a distributed work environment
- Proven success in launching and successfully running demand gen marketing programs for B2B SaaS companies
- Experience within the Salesforce ecosystem as well as working with Marketo to generate, capture, nurture, track and report on leads, conversions, and ROI
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills in order to track campaigns, scale success and action on necessary changes; experience with budgeting, media planning and sponsorships and SEO/SEM
- Excellent writing, communication, time management, and project management skills in order to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple, often competing priorities
- Remote / USA-based
- If this job interests you but you aren’t certain if you meet all of the requirements, apply anyway – we value different perspectives and experience.
We’ll only consider applications with a cover letter – please make sure to include yours and tell us what you’ll bring to the team.