Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media brand that delivers breaking news and premium insights about digital assets to millions of investors.
Our content, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets. We are currently expanding our production team to produce high quality finance, bitcoin, and crypto content.
About the Role:
We are looking for a talented Video Editor to oversee aspects of post-production across the network, create motion graphics & animated titles, and to collaborate with the creative team to craft compelling stories. You will work collaboratively with the team to edit and mix a selection of our audio/video podcasts.
We are looking for someone with 2+ years of video & audio editing experience but are open to all interested candidates. We are based in New York but this role is remote friendly.
*What You’ll Do: *
- Work closely with producers and hosts to take audio & video episodes from recording through final mix
- Manage and maintain files and data for the shows
- Build, Edit, and Mix episode audio and video
- Dialogue editing and cleanup: Clip gain leveling, crossfading, de-noising, and smoothing edits in preparation for final mix
- Motion Graphics and Design: create motion graphics and title animations
- Music Editing and Pacing: Arrange scoring in the show assembly. Help producers select music for specific contexts, arrange song options to match the episode content, and edit scoring choices to usable lengths
- Create highlight clips for sharing on social media channels
- Mix episodes and segments to a clear consistent quality while ensuring final mixes adhere to broadcast publish specifications
What We’re Looking For:
- Passion for content creation and creative problem solving
- Extensive experience with Adobe CC (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects)
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and clear communication
- Excitement about making efficient, organized processes to improve workflows
- Solid understanding of industry standard best practices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Experience with OBS and livestreaming is a plus
Salary & Benefits:
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive pay
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Remote work-station stipend
- Training & development
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings (even while remote!)
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- Commuter benefits
What We Need From You
If this sounds like a place you could make your mark, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Video Editor + Your Name” in the subject line. Please include samples of your work.
We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities.
*Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com