Who We Are
Babylist is the leading destination for baby commerce, where 8 million people each year discover and purchase items to help welcome a new baby. We serve parents and the community of grandparents, friends and relatives around each baby – connecting everyone who helps plan, prepare and shop for the new arrival. From the “add anything from anywhere” registry for new parents, to the expert advice and product ideas for gift givers, there is no more trusted, go-to solution for growing families.
Our Ways of Working
We’re a remote-first company with team members located across the United States spanning multiple time zones. This means we put in extra effort to make sure we connect and collaborate in ways that make sense for us. We know how valuable the flexibility of remote work is for our employees so people can get the work done in the way that works for them and their teams. After all, many parents call Babylist their professional home, and sometimes, life puts you in a position where you just have to jump off that Zoom meeting to clean up that banana that’s getting stomped on by your 2 year old.
We know that personal connection is the foundation for the great work we do together. In order to quickly build those relationships, we offer the opportunity to meet with coworkers in person two times a year at a full company offsite and a departmental offsite. These are great opportunities to meet the people you work with every day and to do some of the work that is much more difficult to do virtually. Most of our roles are fully remote, but these opportunities to meet in person will involve limited amounts of travel. For some leaders, there might be more opportunities to get together in person that would require about 10% travel to Oakland, CA or elsewhere.
What the Role Is
We’re looking for an energized, creative visual designer to join our design team to develop a wide array of assets to support our marketing strategies. Visual Designers at Babylist are creative thinkers who communicate their ideas and continuously collaborate with team members at various stages of conceptualization and design.
As a visual designer, you’ll be responsible for delivering the most on-brand and consistent level of design across a wide range of platforms. This position will report to the Visual Design Team Lead.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with editorial, marketing and cross-functional teams to build, design, and innovate our growing brand.
- Ensure brand consistency across multiple projects and consumer touchpoints.
- Design a range of creative assets (including but not limited to editorial design and layout, digital marketing assets, email, print collateral, client assets, infographics, etc.)
- Curate owned and licensed photography for use across our channels.
- Design projects and tasks effectively and simultaneously, and deliver assignments on time.
- Communicate effectively and consistently with stakeholders on project development.
- Create and evolve presentation layouts for branded decks (Google Slides and Keynote) for the executive and ad sales team.
Who You Are
- Driven, passionate, versatile and open-minded.
- Strong collaborative skills, working towards a common goal. Our designers are expected to bring ideas to the table.
- Able to give and receive feedback is a must. You thrive in an environment of constant feedback.
- Ability to deliver against tight timelines, managing multiple and competing work priorities.
- Proactive, self motivated, team player with little to no ego. You have a can-do attitude. You get things done.
- A problem solver. You are resourceful, diligent, have strong attention to detail.
- Cross-platform thinker: mobile, web, video, organic, paid channels, collateral, and experiential.
- Hungry for creating bold visual design and a portfolio to prove it.
- Strong interest in how design affects user experience.
- Nice to haves: a passion for babies and their stuff. Illustration, motion graphics and video editing skills.
What You’ve Done
- Exceptional technical skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- 2-3 years of applicable design experience
Please include a link to your portfolio. Applications without a portfolio link will not be considered. A brief design test will be required for consideration.