Brightline is on a mission to build a bright future for every child, bringing extraordinary behavioral health care to children and families.
We’re in the middle of a behavioral health crisis that we can’t ignore—especially not when it comes to our children. 1 in every 5 children has a behavioral health condition, yet up to 80% still get little or no help. Far too many families face insurmountable barriers when their child really needs help, and parents are too often left feeling alone and without the support they need. We can do so much better. That’s why we’re here!
When you join Brightline, you’re joining a team that has an unstoppable drive to change the lives of families across the country. We’re a team of thoughtful problem-solvers, expert and kind clinicians, and experienced operators and technologists. Above all, we’re committed to helping each other succeed, learn, and grow—all while bringing care to families when, where, and how they need it.
No matter what you’re looking for in your next role, we’re pretty confident that you’ll #FindItAtBrightline.
About the Role
This is a part-time, contracted Production Design Role. The ideal candidate is an exceptional production designer, with experience creating pixel perfect assets and specs for development across iOS, Android, and Web. You will contribute to Brightline’s design system in Figma, enable more seamless ENG handoffs, and help bring the design team’s vision to life. This role will partner closely with our Design System Lead and ENG team to elevate the practice of design excellence at Brightline.
- Key contributor to the Brightline’s Design System: Create and evolve components in Figma to help drive the adoption of pattern libraries, allowing us to deliver high-quality work efficiently and consistently. Leverage your experience in production design to make best-practice recommendations for Design team assets and ENG specs
- Creating production-ready specs: Creating high quality ENG specs that clearly document intended functionality, component states, and break-point / platform-specific behavior (web, iOS, and Android).
- Maintaining and evolving our Figma design system: Create Figma library elements that are scalable to multiple screen sizes, use autolayout, and can be used by the broader design team. Assist in organizing design file backlog for more intuitive project discovery.
- Reviewing work for WCAG standards and best practices: Ensure that final specs have accessibility standards have been considered before handing off to ENG. (Nice to have)
- Prototyping concepts for motion and functionality: Proficiency in creating prototypes for research studies, deck assets, and ENG implementation. (Nice to have)
You will thrive at Brightline in this role if you have:
- A passion for our mission to redefine behavioral health for children, teens, and their families and for creating compelling visual experiences
- Experience developing, contributing to and maintaining design systems in Figma that utilize Atomic Design principles
- Experience in asset production and management for digital products
- Knowledge of technical constraints and guidelines as they relate to platforms such as web, and native mobile (iOS & Android) and familiarity with best practices
- Fluency in Figma and the ability to maintain and building pattern libraries
- Experience designing against and understanding of WCAG 2.1 AA standards
- Experience prototyping skills and motion design
The interview process will require you to share your design portfolio. We’re looking for a clear and well-structured portfolio that outlines the problems you were tackling, and the process you followed. Your portfolio should lean heavily in production design for digital products.
- This is a contracted, part-time position
- 10-20 hours per week, 6 week engagement
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Brightline we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
At Brightline, we believe that collaborative, diverse, and empathetic tech & product teams can create transformational products to change the lives of families across the country. In a conscious effort to create a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and the families we serve, we celebrate our individual differences and walks of life. Brightline is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.