The world is changing at an accelerating rate. But we cannot take in the information fast enough, let alone make sense of it. We are fundamentally limited by the speed at which we read and write — the speed of human thought. The challenges facing decision-makers today require a radically new technology.
Primer is at the forefront of the natural language processing revolution. Our artificial intelligence platform is capable of reading text at a rate of millions of documents per hour, extracting information and updating a knowledge graph of billions of entities. It is capable of answering natural language questions and generating the first draft of natural language analytical reports in seconds. Our mission is to empower our customers by vastly reducing the cost of curiosity. What once took days of research can happen instantly.
Our customers include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies in the world. You can learn more about Primer’s technology and the problems we solve at our blog, as well as in recent media coverage of our work.
As the first VP of Corporate Marketing, you will report directly to our CMO and be responsible for leading brand, content creation, website strategy and communications. As one of the key leaders in the marketing organization, you’ll have significant leverage to directly shape and impact our next phase of growth. You’ll partner with Demand Generation to develop a full funnel marketing approach to grow Primer’s awareness, marketing pipeline and customer base.
What you’ll bring in this role:
- Develop and lead execution of a consistent brand strategy to further Primer’s position as the leading industrial-grade NLP platform, including content and website responsibility
- Build relationships and work cross-functionally with departments including Sales, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering to effectively organize and execute on corporate brand initiatives. Seek brand partnership opportunities and external relationships with media and the global technology community.
- Define and build a scalable corporate marketing function that expands our market presence through internal and external global initiatives.
- Have a constant pulse on the market to understand the landscape, bring ideas forth to drive impact, and be a spokesperson in the community.
- Own and report on the marketing metrics that drive your business
What we value:
- 15+ years’ experience in B2B brand, content, PR and marketing communications, preferably at a well-known B2B tech brand
- Experience in marketing AI solutions, ideally with a background in developer marketing
- 5+ years of experience leading teams, and a strong interest in professional development
- Knowledge of best practices and new strategies for brand, content, and website development
- Constantly curious and enjoy learning about new verticals and technologies, shifting seamlessly between products, industries, and audiences
- A creative and analytical thinker with proven ability to effectively execute integrated and streamlined marketing programs
- An obsession with personas, a natural empathy with customers and their needs, and experience developing persona-based content strategy
- A pro at building relationships quickly and working cross-functionally, driving results across teams and at all levels of an organization
- Experience working with external design and PR agencies
- Analyst relationships experience is a plus
- A natural storyteller with outstanding communication skills who takes pride and joy in evangelizing our mission and products
- A self-starter with strong planning and organizational skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and operating in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
What We Offer
- Rapidly growing company, with plentiful opportunities to grow into leadership roles
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Smart, passionate co-workers who want to deliver the best outcomes
- An honest and open environment for the exchange of ideas
- Fortune 50 companies and globally recognized institutions as customers
- Learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, tech talks, and brown bag lunches
- Team virtual offsites like escape rooms and company happy hours
- Fun, puzzle-loving office (post covid) in the SF Financial District
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.