Team: New Business
Reporting to: CRO
Estimated Start: September 2021
Location: REMOTE – Eastern Time Zone preferred
Work Authorization: This role is open to US Citizens/Permanent Residents and non-citizens allowed to work for any US employer. We are unable to sponsor any work authorizations for this role.
What’s the role
We’re looking for a VP, New Business to take Brainlabs’ advanced product offering to the US market, and win new business opportunities across all agency services: Paid Search, Paid Social, Programmatic, CRO, and SEO. As the VP, New Business you will work closely with client services, product leads, and senior executives to successfully position Brainlabs to compete effectively in the US market for a multiplicity of new business opportunities that range in size, product, complexity, and strategy.
Tell me about the company
Brainlabs is an experimentation-led agency famed for its world-class company culture. We seek to create an environment where everyone is excited to come to work and contribute to our two-fold mission:
- to change the future of digital advertising
- to build the best company to work for
For more info why not take a look at our company handbook and our employer pledge which sets out our aim to be remarkable in diversity and inclusion, team spirit, client work, career progression, and fun.
Give me a breakdown of what a VP, New Business does at Brainlabs does:
- Lead by example, espousing intellect, ambition and integrity against the Brainlabs values
- Lead SMB and Enterprise pitch processes from first phone calls through to close with strategy and client service teams, directing materials and sections
- Build new business presentations and long form commercial frameworks
- Delegate and oversee work of strategy directors and sales operatives
- Managing a small team efficiently and working closely with the executive team to drive the right outcomes and behaviors across the business
- Manage development of direct reports
- Write and coordinate RFP/RFI responses
- Iterate commercial business processes to improve the quality of new business responses
- Improve product propositions with regional and globals VPs, SVPs to create competitive BL offering
- Negotiate pricing and contracts terms with clients
What talents and experience would suit this role?
Intelligence | “Challenges are more fun than problems” & “Better questions get better answers”
An astute listener, you win the confidence of clients and colleagues through curiosity, enthusiasm, and assertion. This means you ask incisive questions to unpack client problems and client goals in better detail than your peers, which in turn enables the business to respond more effectively to a client brief. As an experienced salesperson you also understand the distinction between cost, value, and price, and employ this knowledge to broker partnerships built for mutual long term success.
Ambition | “We push boundaries”
The ideal candidate has a professional and personal record of consistently exceeding expectations, and winning agency clients through a competitive pitch process. This position requires significant spirit and tenacity to push the team, clients and the agency forward. You strive to deliver the best work as an end in itself, and through that attitude lead by example and set the bar for agency work.
Integrity | “Give everyone a voice” & “Impact outweighs intentions”
You are honest, fair and principled: you do right by yourself, colleagues, clients and the company without compromising the quality of work . You do not use your position to eclipse people rather foster a kind and supportive manner to bring out the best in those around you. You give each task your best shot and ask the same in return from your colleagues.
As VP, New Business, you will be:
- A joy to work with
- Ethical and fair minded
- A meticulous analytical thinker that takes a careful approach to work
- A brilliant consistent track record of closing new business in a digital agency environment (5-10 years
- Have the ability to ask the right questions to form a thorough understanding of a client’s business
- An autonomous individual able to drive teams towards the best outcome
- A strategic thinker, can interpret and respond to business problems to form a logical and well argued proposal
- An exquisite communicator able to convey ideas and thoughts clearly
- An empathetic team player with a genuine interest in people, events, and ideas
- Demonstrate alignment to our company values
Brainlabs actively seeks and encourages applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and identities. More specifically, our equal opportunities and diversity monitoring data indicates that we under-represent BIPOC ethnic groups, so we actively encourage applications from BIPOC candidates.
Thank you for your interest in Brainlabs! We look forward to getting to know you!
When you apply to work at Brainlabs, we may use your application data to make employment decisions, but your data will not be distributed or used elsewhere unless you are hired as an employee. All applications ask for your consent to allow us to process your personal data. However, you have the right to withdraw your information at any point by reaching out to email@example.com.