Appcues is looking for a driven, collaborative, and experienced Finance leader to join our growing team. As Appcues’ Vice President of Finance, you will act as a strategic partner to mutiple departments in the company, providing insights and guidance for the business decisions that impact our success. The right candidate possesses intellectual curiosity and is capable of ad hoc accounting, deep data analytics, and other Finance related projects. This role will be a core member of our executive team, report directly to our CEO, and be highly involved with our Board of Directors and external investors.
Our mission is to help teams deliver experiences their users love. Appcues makes it easy to deliver exceptional user experiences within software products at scale, leading to happier customers and accelerated business growth. Using Appcues, customers such as Pearson Education, Twilio, FreshWorks, The Knot, and TrueCar build experiences to onboard users, personalize their products, and drive deeper engagement, all without writing any code.
About the role
- Think strategically about the long-term direction of Appcues. You should partner with your fellow executive team members to help us understand what aspects of the business (customer segments, go-to-market campaigns, etc.) are over or underperforming and reallocate our focus
- Lead the company’s annual budgeting process and own our financial forecast. You should feel comfortable working across the teams to help functional leaders better plan for future growth
- Oversee all accounting operations (including billing, A/R, A/P and general ledger),develop timely financial reporting, and manage our annual audit process
- Prepare financial and operational reporting to our Board of Directors, investors, and lendors. You will also collaborate with our CEO and company leadership to produce reporting and pitch materials to be used in future fundrasing processes.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and reporting agencies
- Managing our cap table, stock options pool, stock options grants, Board Consents, 409a valuations, and more
- Lead a growing team. You’ll come in with a team of four including three direct reports and will have the opportunity to build a larger team in the future as we grow
- You have 8+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree; MBA and/or CPA not required but highly valued
- You have high-growth SaaS startup experience and expertise in headcount, sales, and demand planning . You are a student of software and stay up to date on the latest SaaS benchmarks and trends.
- You have excellent financial modeling skills and attention to detail.
- You have strong technical finance and accounting skills, including knowledge of financial reporting in accordance with GAAP
- You have great interpersonal and communication skills and can build relationships with teammates and key external parties
- You bring the highest level of integrity in all dealings with people inside and outside the company, exemplifying high moral and ethical behavior
100% remote – We don’t have an office so all of our employees learn and collaborate in the same way using remote work practices. This won’t change post-COVID as we are committed to being 100% remote for the long-term. We work in Slack, Zoom, and a collection of modern collaboration tools. We have inclusive remote events and we get together annually for a fun off-site retreat.
Well-being – You’ll have solid health, dental, and vision plans; access to 401k, and a generous maternity and paternity leave.
Fair pay – Each role has a defined salary band, bands and salaries are audited on a regular basis to help maintain fairness and market value
Home office and tech budget – Besides paying for your work computer (Mac or PC), we offer a one-time $1000 home office stipend and an additional $500 annual budget for extra work-related technology.
Coworking space, on us – Home office not cutting it? We’ll reimburse your monthly coworking fees.
Equity – We want everyone invested in our success. We grant every employee equity in the company.
Transparency and collaboration – We foster team alignment with meetings of all shapes and sizes—a monthly all-hands meeting called FirstThurs, weekly team lunches, and Lunch & Learns., and an annual learning stipend.
Flexible vacation – We believe time away to reflect and explore makes us all more productive, so we expect each employee to take the time they need to relax and refresh. Employees based in the USA also take off all US federal holidays. Employees residing in other countries can choose to follow their local national holidays or US federal holidays.
At Appcues, our mission is to help teams build products their users love. With Appcues, you can create in-product experiences (user onboarding, feature announcements, checklists, and more) without writing any code. We believe it’s the non-technical people who often have the best information about a user’s needs and desires, and we give them the tools to act.
We’re a dynamic group of talented teammates who challenge, trust, and care about each other, their work, and the success story we are writing. Our values are not just words. We live by them.
Appcues is an equal opportunity employer that commits to diversity and inclusion and also celebrates it. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or marital status. We believe that diverse teams foster a more inclusive company culture, build better products, and are more human, humane, and fun.